Ted 20 not firing up.

Bammy

New User
Ted 20. Starting problems. Bought it 5 months ago. Used a couple of times on the road then it started surging power. Couldn’t keep a steady speed. Seamed to be sooting up round top of exhaust. Now won’t start at all. It’s petrol/ tvo. I put E10 in to start but drained it off and replaced with good unleaded fuel. I’m getting spark to all plugs, and good compression for all 4 cylinder. Fuel is getting to carb. But it won’t fire up just spinning turning over. Any idea of my next steps, I’m not a mechanic but can try the obvious stuff.

IMG_1017.jpeg

Ted 20. Starting problems. Bought it 5 months ago. Used a couple of times on the road then it started surging power. Couldn’t keep a steady speed. Seamed to be sooting up round top of exhaust. Now won’t start at all. It’s petrol/ tvo. I put E10 in to start but drained it off and replaced with good unleaded fuel. I’m getting spark to all plugs, and good compression for all 4 cylinder. Fuel is getting to carb. But it won’t fire up just spinning turning over. Any idea of my next steps, I’m not a mechanic but can try the obvious stuff.
Try removing the plugs and putting a little gas in each cylinder. Re install and see if it fires. If it does, chances are you have a carb issue.

How much is a little.
Hello Bammy, welcome to YT! Tablespoon or so and only need to put it in 2 cylinders. You are just testing to see if lack of fuel to the cylinders is the problem. If not obvious it will just run a short bit on the fuel if that is your problem. Also when you have those plugs out take a look to see if they are black and sooty, if so that is a sign of a rich condition which can also keep plugs from firing. Take a picture of the part of the plugs that is in the cylinder and post that.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back