BarnyardEngineering

Anybody order from Thiesen's Home Farm Auto in Iowa/Wisconsin? They have a chain of brick and mortar stores in those states. I'm in NY.

I ordered a pair of "muck" style boots from them on Sunday evening. They were having a clearance sale and beat my local farm fleet store's price by $50 on the same pair of boots. The website created an account for me, took the order, charged my card, no problems. Got an order confirmation in email, and a shipment confirmation on Monday. Was able to track the order through their website.

Went to check the tracking again through their website on Tuesday. "404 not found." Tried to login to my account. "Wrong password or account is locked." Tried recovering my password. "Account is locked. Please call customer service."

I get the feeling they did not appreciate me ordering from "out of area" and are giving me the cold shoulder. Still waiting for a reply from customer service. Not going to waste time on a phone call if they don't reply. I just won't do business with them, even if they do expand into NY at some point in the future.

You'd think if they didn't want people ordering from outside their territory, they would have blocked my order when I gave my NY address... Anyone with a similar experience?

Could be a pricing mistake they did not want to honor?
Hoping if you see the charge reversed you will just go away.

Or maybe they ran out of them?

Although deleting everything without explanation is not good business practice.

Another thought, could be they had some sort of online ordering system hickup and lost all orders?

Went to check the tracking again through their website on Tuesday. "404 not found." Tried to login to my account. "Wrong password or account is locked." Tried recovering my password. "Account is locked. Please call customer service."
Can you track it via the carrier, such as Fedex, UPS, USPS, etc?

Anybody order from Thiesen's Home Farm Auto in Iowa/Wisconsin? They have a chain of brick and mortar stores in those states. I'm in NY.

I ordered a pair of "muck" style boots from them on Sunday evening. They were having a clearance sale and beat my local farm fleet store's price by $50 on the same pair of boots. The website created an account for me, took the order, charged my card, no problems. Got an order confirmation in email, and a shipment confirmation on Monday. Was able to track the order through their website.

I get the feeling they did not appreciate me ordering from "out of area" and are giving me the cold shoulder. Still waiting for a reply from customer service. Not going to waste time on a phone call if they don't reply. I just won't do business with them, even if they do expand into NY at some point in the future.

You'd think if they didn't want people ordering from outside their territory, they would have blocked my order when I gave my NY address... Anyone with a similar experience?
Did you go to Theisen’s website to shop for and buy the boots or was it an email or something like poped up on Facebook or another site? If you did not go to Theisen’s website to order them you have been scammed, call credit card and stop payment. I see these all the time. Harbor Freight big roller toolbox for $99 close out. Showed it to the gal at HF, she said it’s not from them and it’s a scam. Sounds like you got bitten. Chris

Did you go to Theisen’s website to shop for and buy the boots or was it an email or something like poped up on Facebook or another site? If you did not go to Theisen’s website to order them you have been scammed, call credit card and stop payment. I see these all the time. Harbor Freight big roller toolbox for $99 close out. Showed it to the gal at HF, she said it’s not from them and it’s a scam. Sounds like you got bitten. Chris
Google found the ad for the boots. I went to their website and bought directly from their website. I was able to login and see my account on their website Monday, but Tuesday it was locked without explanation and there is no sign of my order... The charge on the credit card is from "thiesens.com" so it seems legit.

With the error you got my guess is they got hacked. It's happening way too often.

My cardiologist got hacked a few years ago and it was over a year later that they recovered my records.

I would give it a little time and then call them if the boots don't show up.

Google found the ad for the boots. I went to their website and bought directly from their website. I was able to login and see my account on their website Monday, but Tuesday it was locked without explanation and there is no sign of my order... The charge on the credit card is from "thiesens.com" so it seems legit.
I can’t imagine they would turn down your business because you live here in Ny. I often have issues with websites and such that require passwords and information to be given a certain way. I can’t remember if you said you tried to talk to an actual person or not.

I have shopped their store but never ordered from them online.
Here is the real curious part?
"404 not found."
Can you screen shot the page with address and post it.
Their web page opens for me just fine.

I have shopped their store but never ordered from them online.
Here is the real curious part?
"404 not found."
Can you screen shot the page with address and post it.
Their web page opens for me just fine.
It's when I click on the "View Order" link in my google email.

Oooh, new development. Now I get "Under maintenance" when I try to check my order.

I think @M-MAN may be right, they got hacked, or had some kind of system failure. Very odd timing. That kind of stuff never seems to happen to me.

With the error you got my guess is they got hacked. It's happening way too often.

My cardiologist got hacked a few years ago and it was over a year later that they recovered my records.

I would give it a little time and then call them if the boots don't show up.
You may be right. Now their entire website shows "Under maintenance."

I was able to find the fedex tracking in my browser cache. The boots are out for delivery.

Ok, I got a reply from customer service. According to them, they launched a new website yesterday which is why I can't currently get the status of my order. Frankly, I can't tell. The site looks exactly the same to me.

Nothing about why my account is locked and cannot be unlocked.

There was no notification that the site was being updated. They just yanked it down and did it. If locking accounts was part of the process, it was the best-kept secret.

My order showed up at about the same time.

So, nothing illicit was going on.

It's when I click on the "View Order" link in my google email.

Oooh, new development. Now I get "Under maintenance" when I try to check my order.

I think @M-MAN may be right, they got hacked, or had some kind of system failure. Very odd timing. That kind of stuff never seems to happen to me.
Did you find the order acknowledgement and/or any email from them in the spam folder?
And then moved it to your inbox?

Such a thing happened to me last week when an email from my sister containing a link to a photo album on Google Photos.
I found it in the spam folder and then moved it to the inbox.
Upon doing so, the link to get to the album led to a "404 error, no such path found".

I figured that yahoo or my IP service decided it was spam and stripped out any link that it contained.

I've used the store in Dubuque Iowa for years when I am back there. Pretty OK store, but new huge Farm and Fleet opened up a couple of years ago, so I go there also. I am in Iowa and Wisconsin and like the consistency and track record of shopping in one store multiple times. Then if I have a problem, they can look at my history.......or I can "splain" it to them and we always have a resolution. Good luck

Kind of off topic, but I went to Thiesens in Ia. City yesterday for supplies
& looked at the Red Wing shoes which I wear. I get the leather work shoes
that are called "speed lace".
Well, get ready for a shock----$249 a pair. The last pair I bought were $169.
Of course that was 3 or 4 years ago.
What are shoe prices like in other peoples areas? Have to go barefoot I
guess.
Jim

Kind of off topic, but I went to Thiesens in Ia. City yesterday for supplies
& looked at the Red Wing shoes which I wear. I get the leather work shoes
that are called "speed lace".
Well, get ready for a shock----$249 a pair. The last pair I bought were $169.
Of course that was 3 or 4 years ago.
What are shoe prices like in other peoples areas? Have to go barefoot I
guess.
Jim
Inflation is a sad fact of life these days.
I also wear Red Wings. Style 202.
I bought these in October.

Attachments

• 2024-02-01_04_16_15.jpg
    2024-02-01_04_16_15.jpg
    1,021.4 KB · Views: 16
Ok, I got a reply from customer service. According to them, they launched a new website yesterday which is why I can't currently get the status of my order. Frankly, I can't tell. The site looks exactly the same to me.

Nothing about why my account is locked and cannot be unlocked.

There was no notification that the site was being updated. They just yanked it down and did it. If locking accounts was part of the process, it was the best-kept secret.

My order showed up at about the same time.

So, nothing illicit was going on.
Actually, if you were an existing customer, you did get notification of the new website launch was coming. Got email I think about 1-2 weeks ago. And got another today with instructions on how to update my pw on the new site. I did with no issue. Good luck and I hope things work out. They are a good store and I will default to them typically even though I have both Blain's Farm and Fleet and Fleet Farm about the same distance in the opposite direction. But we tend to make more than one stop when we go "shopping" - groceries, medicines and then Theisen's or the other two I mentioned.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back