They turned the power off again

The power went off this morning at 5:30 am. The PG&E sends us messages quite often that there might be a Public safety power shut off. Most times it never happens. Today there was no warning. It will be off about 10 hours. Actually it was only turned off once before a few months back. It took a while to get the generator up and running. I forgot to turn the gas back on. Supposedly it is due to high winds. Well it is far less windy here today than it was yesterday. I guess it is windy some place so they turned it off.

Whenever they turn it off they have to send a helicopter out to check all the lines before they can turn it on again. A while ago I was outside and a huge Bell helicopter was cruzing around checking the lines. It went over so low that it was blowing leaves all over, that was the most wind we have had in the last 24 hours. They are going to raise our rates to pay for all the tree trimming and the helicopter. It must cost a lot of money to hire a helicopter like that. Well it came back on while I was writing this. It is about 1:30 now so it was only off 8 hours.

Hopefully those people there who actually do work and have electric cars have them charged.

My post on the California oil spill got spoofed , I suppose it got [political hope this one does not, but us folks back east just laugh at some of the things you guys out there go thru. Just read yesterday where you have outlawed gas powered chainsaws, weed eaters ect. Hope you get the electricity thing worked out.

(quoted from post at 15:01:29 10/12/21) And the gas to run them is illegal

I think a lot of people will learn how to convert to wood-gas.

I have thought about it for years, but it has never gone farther than that. Might need to bump it up on my to-do list.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back