Three point problem

Hooked180

I have a friend that has a Massey Ferguson 135 (1973)gas that his three point arms went down all of a sudden and now won't go up or down using the controls with the engine running.It has a loader on it . I can pick up the 3 point arms and move them up and down by hand and it feels like they aren't attached.The oil level is ok. The filter has not been changed . Does any one have any ideas of what is going on?
Thank you.

Lift arms going up by hand is NORMAL. Loader question, WHERE does it get it's lift oil from? Is there a valve on the lift cover that operates the loader, or does the tractor have the SEPARATE auxiliary pump for the loader? A picture of the lift cover and valve would help as some of the controls are different.

There is an auxiliary pump on the front of the tractor that runs the loader. I will stop out on Thursday and take pictures and send to you.
Thank you.

cvphoto149627.jpg

Picture of 135 that the 3 point won't work, that was requested

Pull the right side cover and look if the roller didn't fall off the pump control arm. Without placing your finger in there try to actuate the pump.

mvphoto103314.jpg

Is that plate the one that the lever that starts the PTO or the one on the right hand side that has the oil dip stick on
it?

cvphoto149841.jpg

It's the one with the dipstick, on the right-hand foot well when you are sitting on the tractor.

You might need to drop the level of oil by 1 gallon from the back drain bolt housing, keep the inspection plate bottom bolt handy to put back in the hole to prevent more leakage, and see the pump working. DO NOT stick your hand in there.

mvphoto103339.png

I had a similar problem when I purchased my MF202. I got it at a good price because the 3 point lift did not work. When I got it home I removed the inspection cover and discovered that the linkage was stuck. That was like ten years ago so I don't remember exactly what it was but I stuck a large screw driver in there and gave it a gentle pry and it popped loose. The 3 point has been operating fine ever since. I hope your problem is a simple fix like mine was.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back