Throttle control

Minneapolis Moline Jet Star 1961
I picked this tractor up a year or so ago. Pretty much a basket case. It’s all back together and drives and runs well.
The problem lies with the throttle linkage, or the govener??
The throttle lever won’t hold in one spot or speed.
It acts like it is spring loaded pull it down to speed up and you have to hold it there, or it will work its way back up to an idle position.
Not real familiar with governors or how they work. Read in the shop manual about making adjustments so I’ll give that a try next

Minneapolis Moline Jet Star 1961
I picked this tractor up a year or so ago. Pretty much a basket case. It’s all back together and drives and runs well.
The problem lies with the throttle linkage, or the govener??
The throttle lever won’t hold in one spot or speed.
It acts like it is spring loaded pull it down to speed up and you have to hold it there, or it will work its way back up to an idle position.
Not real familiar with governors or how they work. Read in the shop manual about making adjustments so I’ll give that a try next
Look behind the dash, the parts book shows a friction cone and deep adjusting nut.

Common problem on MMs of that era. I made two steel plates bolted together with some inner tube strips in between bolted around the throttle rod under the front of the fuel tank to give it some "grip" It works well.

I got one of those cones from Wendell Everett His phone number is 740-922-3335 (I think). OR Welters Farm Supply in Verona MO probably has them. It made a lot of difference on my tractor.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back