Todays Survey Says

As kid growing up I enjoyed plowing and cutting ground with a WD45. I still enjoy cutting hay at night. This tractor is a lot more comfortable than the old WD45. I still have a WD, D14, and a diesel D15.
IMG_1355.jpeg

Worked for a boys summer camp. Ford 641 was used for almost everything. Hooking up to a 5 gang mower and running for hours without a soul to bother me. Lost in the thoughts of a teenage kid.

I loved cutting or hauling silage. All we had was a 1 row silage cutter and we put sides on the hay rack and a pull off board in front. When you got to the silage pile another tractor hooked up to the cable out the back and pulled off the load and out to the field you went for another load.
I look on YouTube and see those new silage choppers taking 10 or 12 rows. What size engine do they have?

Todays Survey Says: was, Favorite way back when tractor chore?.
Mine was actually rotary hoeing, but that wasn't an option so I chose Secondary Tillage,
which I assume was the closest choice. That's one chore that a guy can let the old tractor
lay his ears back and go and you see a lot of progress fast, a big deal to a 10, 12-year-old
kid. Any thoughts on the subject? :) gm
Moldboard plowing with heat houser on in the fall with the lights on in the evening.

I loved cutting or hauling silage. All we had was a 1 row silage cutter and we put sides on the hay rack and a pull off board in front. When you got to the silage pile another tractor hooked up to the cable out the back and pulled off the load and out to the field you went for another load.
I look on YouTube and see those new silage choppers taking 10 or 12 rows. What size engine do they have?
New Holland's 12 row harvester has 911 HP.

Mine was actually rotary hoeing, but that wasn't an option so I chose Secondary Tillage,
which I assume was the closest choice. That's one chore that a guy can let the old tractor
lay his ears back and go and you see a lot of progress fast, a big deal to a 10, 12-year-old

Favorite way back when tractor chore?
I learned all I needed to know growing up on a dairy farm.
I learned to make sure the tractor is heading into the wind before starting the manure spreader.
Plus I can tell when someone is spreading crap.

Driving 4-H hayrides

Chopping cornsilage. Riding with my dad or the neighbor was great but at 16 chopping alone with a 4020 and 2 row Deere 38 chopper was best thing ever. Here is a pic of my 35 chopper. Tom

Attachments

• IMG_20230913_161618.jpg
    IMG_20230913_161618.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 21
Anything to do with farming , except milking cows. Gordy in Mn

I also enjoyed cultivating with a front mount and open tractor. picking corn with a mounted 2 row picker. both dirty jobs but still enjoyable. today is good with a new cab tractor. can work all day and stay clean with heat or air

Nothing better than fall plowing. The smell of the fresh soil being turned over in the cool crisp air. Plus you actually could see what you had accomplished that day. Tom in Mn
Tom,

Along time ago I lived in Southern Minnesota. I enjoyed fall plowing with my moldboard plow and knew when it was time to stop and wait for spring to finish plowing. I knew that it was time to stop fall plowing when the ground got so frozen the plow was turning over frozen turf.

Tom in TN

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back