torque spec for manifold bolts

RwEny

I have to replace manifold gaskets on my 630. I have the John Deere service manuel but I don't see a torque spec any where. I want to make sure I do it right. If there is a spec and someone knows it could you please post it. If not any guidance would be helpful.
Thank You. Ralph

I coated threads with silver permatex antisieze then went 30 ft pounds.let it run half hour and retorqued them .2 took a little bit others stayed put

Here's a handy chart to go by.
cvphoto26567.png

Myself, I used Grade 8 cap screws (proper length), Hard Washer and plenty Neverseize ...

I cleaned the interior of the ports, matched them to the Head (intake side), cleaned up the control ("Hot/Cold") valve and Made a Stainless steel plate to replace the gasket on the Clutch-Side of the manifold (Carb Heat Passage) to keep that open and to not split open in the future..
Also REALLY gives the tractor a Non-Heate4d Intake..!

Not hard to do, I think it runs much stronger...(but, I only pull 4x16" with mine...so what would I know.)...!

I HAVE found a product that WILL seal that exhaust leak AND Last when used correctly..!!

THERMOSTEEL
"High Temp Metal Repair" at Autozone, etc..

This stuff will set up so Hard, FLINT is NO Harder..!!
It will NOT burn off, eithter..it only gets Harder..!!

Manyufacturer: Cargo Chemical Corp.
1304 F.M. 3083 Conroe, Texas. 77303
(409) 539-1555
Made in USA..!!

Inexpensive..in a Blister Pak, about a 3 oz bottle. near the cash registers..9 Anyone know what they were..??

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back