trailer brake controller

LEON(MI)

I am looking at a tekonsha prodigy p2 or a primus IQ brake controller for a trailer.won't get much use,but if I do use it,i want it to adjust automatically. any comments appreciated.

I have had a Prodigy on a light 2 axle trailer with drum brakes and on a 26000 tandem dual gooseneck with electric over hydraulic disc brakes. Works good on both. I would recommend it. I have not tried the Primus so do not have first hand information on it.

I have a Prodigy that I use on our motor home pulling a flat bed tandem 3500# axels 7000# trailer.
Got it before the Prodigy 2 game out.
Works good for me.

Dusty

Ditto.. I use a prodigy on my f450. tows anything behind the truck from a 1 axle 2000# trailer to a 30' tandem gooseneck.

I bought a Prodigy shortly after they came out to get the automatic adjustment. I had it about 3 or 4 months and started having trouble with it not working if my truck sat in the sun for a while. As soon as the air conditioner cooled it off some it worked. I called Tekonsha and 2 days later I had a new controller and a prepaid shipping label for the old one. That is good customer service. I used it for 2 or 3 years before selling the truck with the controller still installed, and have had the one in my current truck for over 3 years. I also only tow occasionally, and am very happy with the way it works and dependability.

Another thumbs up for the Prodigy. We have used it for 1 1/2 years to pull our horses (2 horse trailer with a dressing room) with no trouble. I would buy another one.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back