Turner mfg Co. vintage hay baler

Dustyw310

New User
Hello everyone ..my friend has this peice of vintage farm equipment and I believe it to be a hay baler (not really sure ) ..but I was trying to get some info on it and can’t find hardly anything on the company or the piece of equipment ..She is selling the property and has no way of moving it so it crossed her mind to sell it too and we don’t even know where to start with the price.Hoping someone here could point us in the right direction or maybe have some knowledge on the company ,the year ,and what the item actually is . Have attached photos that I have .Thank you for your time

Attachments

• IMG_3453.jpeg
    IMG_3453.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 81
  • IMG_3455.jpeg
    IMG_3455.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 100
  • IMG_3452.jpeg
    IMG_3452.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 86
  • IMG_3451.jpeg
    IMG_3451.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 95
  • IMG_3450.jpeg
    IMG_3450.jpeg
    5.2 MB · Views: 97
  • IMG_3454.jpeg
    IMG_3454.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 91
Hello everyone ..my friend has this peice of vintage farm equipment and I believe it to be a hay baler (not really sure ) ..but I was trying to get some info on it and can’t find hardly anything on the company or the piece of equipment ..She is selling the property and has no way of moving it so it crossed her mind to sell it too and we don’t even know where to start with the price.Hoping someone here could point us in the right direction or maybe have some knowledge on the company ,the year ,and what the item actually is . Have attached photos that I have .Thank you for your time
GOOGLE "Turner Hay Press", LOTS of "hits" including previous threads on this site.

Yep, that was a good company in NC.
We have had 2 of their sawmills on this farm.
Worked very well.

That's interesting. My Dad had a pull type Turner twine baler back in the 50s. It was ruggedly built but not a great machine.
The color was orange that almost matched the color of his Allis WD.
Can't recall ever seeing another like it.

There will be a very limited market for that.Price it at a hundred dollars.Or less to someone who will acctually restore/use it.Dont let it go for scrap.

First, I have seen them under several manufacturers names.
We had one with a 2 cylinder Wisconsin. You feed it with a pitchfork, tie the bales with wire or needles thru the blocks with twine and some of the bales could weigh 250 lbs.
Good for baling loose hay again from the loft, good for pine needles, and the like.
I still see them for sale in operational condition in the south-east.
But I think of the movie: Forrest Gump. "run Forrest, run.." from that thing. My grandfather thought making 50 bales with one of those things was a light-days' work.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back