TYM Tractor PTO?

I have a friend that has a 47 HP TYM tractor and he just bought a New Holland 580 hay baler. The baler looks to be in real good shape. I just wonder if the baler is more than the TYM can handle. Anyone here have one and use it on a baler? How does the PTO engage? Is it a hydraulic clutch or a dry one engaged with an overcenter link?

This thread On another site suggests you want 80hp for that high capacity baler.

https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/threads/new-holland-baler-and-haybine-numbers.146796/

Paul

I have a friend that has a 47 HP TYM tractor and he just bought a New Holland 580 hay baler. The baler looks to be in real good shape. I just wonder if the baler is more than the TYM can handle. Anyone here have one and use it on a baler? How does the PTO engage? Is it a hydraulic clutch or a dry one engaged with an overcenter link?
I've had squares, and 5x4 and 5x6 rollers. The 47 would work the square, 65 for 5x4 and 100 for the 5x6.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back