vALVE SEATS ON A mASSEY hARRIS 444

FarmerHR

We are going over our Massey Harris 444. It is a 1957 model. Has a H277 gas engine.
The exhaust valves and valve seats are quite worn on cylinders number 1 & 4. The rest look fine.
Has anyone had any exppreience in replacing the exhaust valve seats and exhaust valves ?
The repair manual lists the ehaust valves as having pressed in inserts. Are the parts (ie seats and valves)
available ?
Would appreciate hearing any experiences anyone has had in doing this.
Many Thanks !

first ,are you a machinist that will do this work? i am quite sure that maybe 99 percent of the posters here have never removed and replaced valve seats plus grind them along with the valves. i used to grind valves many years ago when i worked at the GM dealership. once the head is that bad it gets sent to the machine shop for guides and reaming and seats. so if you are just the average guy doing an engine job , the head needs to go in for the rebuild. continental engine parts are very hard to get already. a reputable machine shop doing heads has way more connections for you than u will get here. there is continental engines in edmonton ab. that you could contact. 780-426-3890.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back