Versatile 145 transmission/hydraulic question

I have a 145 versatile I know the dipstick is on the back for the trash is soon but is this where I should fill also? There is no mark for full so I wasn?t sure how high up the stick I need to be. I know there are to caps inside the cab one for hydraulic fluid but what is the other one for. It?s says to use dot3 fluid. I thought this was the transmission fill area but it was full to the top. Maybe it?s the brake resivor? Also how do I know who full I need the hydraulic fluid. I do t see a dipstick anywhere? One last question. The rubbers bumpers on the sides of the articulate area are shot. Where would I look for new one? Thanks for the help.

Sorry auto spell messed my first sentence up. I should proof read. I meant the transmission dipstick is on the back of the cab is this also where I should fill it?

yes dot 3 is obviously brakes. the transmission should have a check plug on it on the side. that's a big old transmission. im sure with looking around the thing you should figure out whats what.

A photo or two would be GREAT!

Brake master cylinder is under floorboard by your right foot, under a round treadplate cover. (If it hasn't been lost!)

Hydraulic tank is under floorboard by your left foot, also under a round treadplate cover, has a twist-off cap like a fuel tank cap. Once the cap is off you can see a dipstick you can grab with a finger and pull out to check hydraulic oil.

Transmission oil also is used for power steering, there is a square-headed pipe plug low down on the back of the transmission to the right of the driveshaft that goes to the rear axle. There is a pipe capped with a vent back of the operator's platform at the LH side, that's where you add power steering/transmission oil until it begins to run out the previously mentioned check plug at the lower rear of the transmission.

You wrote "the transmission dipstick is on the back of the cab is this also where I should fill it?"

I have never seen a "145" with a transmission dipstick.

If it rally has one, it may have been a "mod" by a previous owner.

Once again, a photo would be great.

I assume you don't have an operator's manual?

I do, and would be willing to copy off the more important parts for you, if you'd like.

I will take pics. It does have a dipstick. I?m assuming this was put where the square plug you mentioned. I messed up and put atf in the brakes so I have another project in flushing the brakes. Also do you have any pics on what the steering cylinder sleeves should look like. I took mine apart but I?m not 100% sure what I have is correct. Thanks for al the help.

(quoted from post at 06:53:12 04/28/20) A photo or two would be GREAT!

Brake master cylinder is under floorboard by your right foot, under a round treadplate cover. (If it hasn't been lost!)

Hydraulic tank is under floorboard by your left foot, also under a round treadplate cover, has a twist-off cap like a fuel tank cap. Once the cap is off you can see a dipstick you can grab with a finger and pull out to check hydraulic oil.

Transmission oil also is used for power steering, there is a square-headed pipe plug low down on the back of the transmission to the right of the driveshaft that goes to the rear axle. There is a pipe capped with a vent back of the operator's platform at the LH side, that's where you add power steering/transmission oil until it begins to run out the previously mentioned check plug at the lower rear of the transmission.

You wrote "the transmission dipstick is on the back of the cab is this also where I should fill it?"

I have never seen a "145" with a transmission dipstick.

If it rally has one, it may have been a "mod" by a previous owner.

Once again, a photo would be great.

I assume you don't have an operator's manual?

I do, and would be willing to copy off the more important parts for you, if you'd like.
mvphoto53862.jpg

mvphoto53863.jpg

Looks like someone added the dipstick to the transmission/power steering oil check port, AFAIK, that is not original.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back