Vibrator coil

54robbie

Has anyone found a replacement for the vibrator coil for the manifold heater on a 44 diesel? Or what have others done when this thing goes bad?

This is out of the parts book. #52 top left corner.

Attachments

• coil.png
    coil.png
    295.7 KB · Views: 32
Upvote 0
Here are some pics of the actual thing.

Attachments

• 20240407_163737.jpg
    20240407_163737.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 31
  • 20240407_163711.jpg
    20240407_163711.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 29
  • 20240407_163647.jpg
    20240407_163647.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 31
  • 20240407_163638.jpg
    20240407_163638.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 30
Upvote 0
Has anyone found a replacement for the vibrator coil for the manifold heater on a 44 diesel? Or what have others done when this thing goes bad?
On. my Massey 33, I wired up the vibrator with a new ignition coil. I stll used the vibrating contacts. Works good, and only a Massey fanatic would know it wasn’t original.

Upvote 0
Looks very original to me. I installed a perkins thermostat on my 55D. Worked great. The vibrator and fuel injection system really works?

Upvote 0
Help out someone who is in the dark, my best guess is this is a cold starting aid?
Yes, it is a cold starting aid. Basically it is a manifold heater with a sparkplug to ignite a fuel in the manifold. instead of a heated element used in the thermostarts found in Fords, among others. The vibrating part of the coil would provide the make and break needed for the coil to produce voltage/current to create a spark at the heater sparkplug.

Upvote 0
On. my Massey 33, I wired up the vibrator with a new ignition coil. I stll used the vibrating contacts. Works good, and only a Massey fanatic would know it wasn’t original.
If the coil in the original is bad how are you getting power through to the vibrating contacts? Did you gut the coil from the original and run direct?

Upvote 0
If the coil in the original is bad how are you getting power through to the vibrating contacts? Did you gut the coil from the original and run direct?
Yes, I opened it up and disconnected the internal coil (shorted). The photo shows how it’s wired: +12 volts to the coil, coil to the vibrator relay, vibrator relay contact to ground. (Vibrator relay coil is connected in series with the normally closed relay contacts. Energized relay opens NC contacts which de-energizes the relay. Sequence repeats.)

Upvote 0

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back