Want to build J-1/K-1 Cab for Case 222 tractor

I downloaded the manuals for the Case cabs. I can get my sheet metal locally and I have a metal brake for shaping the metal.

What I want to know is if I can trouble someone to take measurements of the J1 or K1 cab and provide me with those measurements? What I expect to need is the overall measurements of the front, roof and rear of the cab. The height of the bent panels for the rear and sides would be of great help. If the angles are easy to determine, that would be great, but by knowing the height I can probably match them up without too much difficulty.

I'd like to say thank you in advance to anyone who can help. I'm running a restored Case 222 and snowcaster. We live in the mountains of western Maine and depend on this machine, but absolutely need a cab. Thanks again.

DSC_6824.jpg

DSC_6823.jpg

Jeff in Maine

I can't help with measurements for the cab, but that looks really nice! You might post your question in the Case/David Brown and Lawn and Garden Tractors forums as well. Another place that may be able to help would be Barneveld Implement (608-924-1662) they specialize in Case lawn/garden equipment

Do you live near any of the primary snowmobile trails? I have ridden through most of the western Maine mountains on various trips.

Maine has over 14K miles of snowmobile trails, but we haven't got a sled. It also has over 7K miles of ATV trails which we do use a couple of quads on. As you're probably aware, Maine is about 90% forested, so the trails will take you far from roads, though there are routes into the many small towns and villages for fuel and food. The Moose Loop, which we use sections of, takes about a week to ride. Tourism is the second largest industry in Maine, just behind fishing.

When we first arrived here in 2013, a guy with a camp along our road stopped by and told us we were in a "micro-snowbelt" which I though funny. Since then, we've seen 6' of snow on the ground three times, 5' of snow an equal amount, with 4' of snow the rest of the winters. The snow stays on the ground for the duration of the winter.

This is why snow removal and a cab for my Case tractor is so important. I hope someone can supply me with the measurements for the cab.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back