Water drinkers

37chief

Seams like everyone now days doesn't go any where without their water bottle. myself included. I grab one when I leave for any job I'm doing. Sometimes I don't even drink it. There are several roling around in my truck now. I can go for a long itme without water. They say that isn't good, but I'm just not thursty. When growing up and helping dad in the field he had a glass gallon jug with water. We all drank out of the same jug. What do some of you use for water out in the field? Stan

Years ago we used the glass gallon jug and we also all drank out of it.Today I don't work out in the field but do cut firewood. I take water and Gatorade with me. I drink more of the Gatorade because ithelps to replace electroyets seeing as I am a diabetic and it also helps from getting cramps.

I have one of those 48 oz. plastic insulated mugs they sell at gas stations. I like it because the bottom of it is big enough that it usually doesn't tip over. I don't bother when I am raking hay - I find EVERY bump then. I'm a bad boy cause I fill it with iced tea. Make a gallon of sun tea every day all summer.

(quoted from post at 19:44:50 08/21/13) Seams like everyone now days doesn't go any where without their water bottle. myself included. I grab one when I leave for any job I'm doing. Sometimes I don't even drink it. There are several roling around in my truck now. I can go for a long itme without water. They say that isn't good, but I'm just not thursty. When growing up and helping dad in the field he had a glass gallon jug with water. We all drank out of the same jug. What do some of you use for water out in the field? Stan
Added this 2 holer to my mowing tractor this year.....smartest thing I have done this year. It holds a couple of 16 oz bottles of water....makes hogging in the hot chaffy fields a whole lot more tolerable.

I have a freezer full of used powerade and other quart sized bottles filled with my excellent well water and frozen hard as a rock. Leave a couple inches of headroom and freeze them. Take one out, open it up and top if off with cold water. In no time the water starts to melt off, and you can have drinks of ice cold water for a couple of hours. If you drink more than it melts, simply take a bottle of the water you guys are talking about packing around and top the bottle off. It speeds up the melt and gives you more ice cold water.
Those plastic bottles can be frozen solid as a rock without breaking. One good thing about modern technology, I guess. It takes a few freezes and melts before the residual flavor goes out of them, but after that they're great. I have a couple down at work, and I get one out as soon as I come home. Nothing better than ice cold water on demand, lol. Not only that, but you can throw them in a cooler with other stuff. Keeps the stuff cool, and when they thaw out you can, again, drink the ice cold water.
Win-win for hydration if you ask me.

Drink about two gallon a day water
a126025.jpg

I keep a bunch of bottles 3/4 full in the freezer and top them off the take 5-6 in a small cooler with me every AM. Cooler fits on all tractors etc. I have a cozy they fit in for the one I have out drinking .

Yes remember the old glass gallon water jugs. Dad used to wrap them with a burlap or gunny sack then wet them down with cold well water!! When haying they sat on shady side of a hay stack or in the fence row when row cropping!!! Think the glass galon jars were old vinegar jars, surprising that they didnt get broke more often riding to and from the fields on the old tractors!!!

When I cut out all the soft drinks and other manufactured drinks and went to straight water I dropped a lot of extra weight. I have a good filter at our sink and never buy bottled water. I have some 1 liter bottles that are at least a couple years old now I use. I stick it in an old sock and hang it off the throttle lever.

Works for me.

i have one of those plastic lunch boxes that can hold 6 water bottles with a icepak between them i load that and bungee it to whichever tractor im going to run for the day keeps me a cold drink most of the day

I refill bottles about half full,then lay them at an angle in the freezer. I fill them all the way up then and toss one in the cab of the tractor,seat of the pickup,what have you. I freeze a few of them full and if I'm using an open tractor I take one of those. They'll thaw quick enough out in the heat.

i use a lunch mate with water bottles i freeze some of the bottles so they will last longer and ice down all of them but i"m a heavy water drinker in the summer time no less than a gallon a day

We too had one jar of water for everyone. Had it setting on the truck seat while combining wheat, and the sun shinning through it set the seat on fire. Now I carry this one. That is my brand on it. Got to drink a lot of water. Always have more than I drink just in case. Gotta drink lots of water. Remember the bag hanging on the mirror.
a126026.jpg

Looks familiar. Carried a 1 gallon, wide mouth. Fill it with ice, add water, it would stay cool til suppertime. Usually, finished it off on my way to the house

Drink when you're thirsty. No need for more than that. Some people just feel the need more than others, that's all.

When we did house framing I always brought a 5 gallon Igloo container of ice water to supplement when anyone ran out.

Vito

I can't stand bottled water - Ten years ago, if someone had told me they'd be bottling water and selling it like sodapop, I'd have called them crazy. anyway, the plastic flavor just makes me gag...

That said, I take "water pills," like many of the old guys around here. So it's a continuous round - drink more water 'cause you're parched... Eliminate said water, drink more.
I swear, I saw a frog in a mud puddle the other day, Kicked his B___ out, told him that was MY puddle, and I intended to drink it!

I do use various water bottles, insulated jugs and such. Lost my last good one baling hay the other day, fell off tractor, ran over it... not much left. Gotta remember to pick up one from Wallyworld next time I get to one. Had a Hawiian Punch bottle full of water fall off the tractor a while back. Ran over it too. Lost about a cup of water, bottle survived!

Ahh, Stan after screwing up and turning myself into a diabetic a couple or few years ago, I only drink water or milk anymore, and they told me not to drink milk either, but I aint giving up my milk. I'm not a bad diabetic, but haven't touched a soda since. Last week I did buy a six pack of Sam Adams Boston Lauger because had a hankerin from one, the first since, but by the time it chilled to drink, I lost my hankerin. It'll be in the fridge next time I get one though. I used to drink on average about six big Gatorades a day, eat a half dozen oranges, things like that. Not anymore. I buy cases of water, carry six with me at work, go through all six and maybe a couple more by the time the day ends. Case of water, $3.99. That's two sodas from a machine. I sure do love an ice cold water, especially from the well, full of ice, but a glass of milk with breakfast and dinner. Will buy a pint when I grocery shop, drink it on my way out the door...no matter what the sawbones dietician says. Aint giving up my milk. A three gallon thermo full of ice water comes in handy on a tractor too. Num, num, num especially on a hot day.

Mark

(quoted from post at 06:46:11 08/22/13) i use a lunch mate with water bottles i freeze some of the bottles so they will last longer and ice down all of them but i"m a heavy water drinker in the summer time no less than a gallon a day
When I moved to southern Utah in the early 90's I was doing house construction and handyman work. We were building 2 identical but mirror image houses out in the desert that summer..no electricity. We would freeze a milk jug 3/4 full of water, took 3 days, so you had three for a rotation. Fill it with water and go to work, refill with water as you drank it. By the end of the day the ice was melted. Only place I ever worked that you had to take a piece of waferboard and cover your metal tools if you weren't using them or you would burn your hand when you picked them up again. That summer we had a week straight 115 degree during the day, got down to 98 at night!

I too can't see how anybody can drink that plastic water. It can't be any good for you either. I put mine in a glass container in the fridge & wrap it in a towel to keep it cold. Making the towel wet helps too.

My water is filtered through about 400 feet of limestone. I have spigots and hoses in several locations and when I feel the need, I just grab the hose and wait for it to run cold. For some reason, the hose near the hog pens tastes a lot better than the one near the hen house.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back