What does T-20 mean

fixerupper

Looking for a replacement exhaust valve for the F20. One parts site has a valve but it's for 'T-20 only'. What does T-20 mean?

T20 is a crawler.However,I'm not sure if it has the 221 engine of the Reg/F20,or the 281 of the 10-20/F30.

The T-20 engine is different. It has the same bore and stroke as a F-20 but has a water pump like the F-30. The valves are different between a F-20 and a T-20. Shorter I think.

Thanks. I took the head to the machine shop. The head man said in the 16 years he's been at this at this major shop he has never seen this. he approached me with a very concerned attitude. He is going to order new exhaust valves from a different supplier and will bore and sleeve the guides. Stay tuned!

I am not sure what the difference is between T-20 vs F-20 valves but they do have different part numbers. T-20 is a Trac-Tractor , basically a crawler version of an F-20
with the same basic engine but some differences like water pump and fuel pump . Sounds like your machine shop is treating you well, and I believe what they are planning
will solve your problem. Be sure to let them know afterwards if it does and appreciate them for working with you, too many places nowadays will just shrug their shoulders
blow you off.

makes no sense to me, if you have new guides installed in the head already as u said... why is he boring and sleeving them ??? ream them out to the correct clearance and problem over. you did not find out what clearance he has them at??? this is not a new aluminum car head head is working on. those original guides will out last those copper brass inserts he will put in there spoiling the guide. all it takes is .001 too tight and you have a problem . it can very well be his own doing in measuring.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back