What is this and why cant I lift it high enough to move it?

What's this and why won't it clear the ground when lifted with my IH 140? Is it called a 2 plate disc plow? I'm very new and it came with my tractor but I cant lift it quite high enough to move it without tearing up the lawn. My hydraulics are fine. Is an IH part or part meant to be used on a 140? Again, I'm very new, can I
adjust my lift to lift higher?

Attachments

• IMG_6994 (002).jpg
    IMG_6994 (002).jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_6995 (002).jpg
    IMG_6995 (002).jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 179
What's this and why won't it clear the ground when lifted with my IH 140? Is it called a 2 plate disc plow? I'm very new and it came with my tractor but I cant lift it quite high enough to move it without tearing up the lawn. My hydraulics are fine. Is an IH part or part meant to be used on a 140? Again, I'm very new, can I
Yes it is a 2 bottom disk turning plow. They were better suited for use in heavier, wetter soils. On the front cultivator rockshaft lift, there is a leveling rod that attaches to the rockshaft in front of the clutch and brake pedals that goes down under the floorboard, and the bottom end of it has 2 holes in the rod itself to attach to the U shaped pull bar that the fast hitch pulls from. Is this rod in place ? It will allow you to lower what would be the cultivator lift and raise the rear of the plow from the ground. It will be needed to fine tune leveling when plowing with the plow. Another option is on the main rear lift rod beside the seat, there is a nut on the end of the shaft, followed by a flat washer and large spring. This particular nut can be adjusted to gain or loose rear lift height. If needed, a 1 to 2 inch long piece of pipe the size of the rod can be added in between the flat washer and spring to gain some additional rear lift height if needed. Hope this helps.

I would think if your hydraulics were up to snuff It would lift it. I understand what crsutton is saying and he has some modifications to his farmalls maybe he will post a few pix : ). My 100 suffered from lifting some non standard equipment like a bush hog made for a offset. (man they are heavy) The Hydraulic controls were leaking I took it off and resealed it I found the relief valve spring broken. I rebuilt another that spring was broken I would have never know it was broke they both lifted standard equipment fine.
To access the relief valve all that's needed is remove the head off the hydraulic controller. Does your tractor have the helper spring mounted on the left side (some don't) does it have a ho-made extender at the rock shaft ? Mr Sutton has pix please post them.

Welcome to YT we will work to make it correct. Does the Fast Hitch socket lift higher if the plow is not attached. If so the answer from Hobo may be on target. Another possible issue is the Fast hitch "prong" on the plow may be adjustable (I don't know this) It looks to me to be at a too low angle to the body of the plow. Jim

There is a "Fast hitch forum" I visit on Face book that has many members that are fast hitch owners and fans. They will help

I would think if your hydraulics were up to snuff It would lift it. I understand what crsutton is saying and he has some modifications to his farmalls maybe he will post a few pix : ). My 100 suffered from lifting some non standard equipment like a bush hog made for a offset. (man they are heavy) The Hydraulic controls were leaking I took it off and resealed it I found the relief valve spring broken. I rebuilt another that spring was broken I would have never know it was broke they both lifted standard equipment fine.
To access the relief valve all that's needed is remove the head off the hydraulic controller. Does your tractor have the helper spring mounted on the left side (some don't) does it have a ho-made extender at the rock shaft ? Mr Sutton has pix please post them.
20240407_130621.jpg

This is the front leveling rod that I mentioned in the previous post that is used the level the rear implements.
20240407_130702.jpg
I thought about this after posting the other post, but the rear lift rod can be pinned to the hydraulic rockshaft in either pin. In the position this one is in now yields the higher lift option. I have seen some that were in the pin hole my finger is pointing at.
20240407_130803.jpg
This is the location where a cheater pipe can be placed to gain a bit more height. Be careful that you don't cut the pipe to long so when the rear lift is raised, the rear rockshaft arm strikes the fender.
20240407_130844.jpg
If everything is okay with the hydraulic system and a heavy implement is used, when the hydraulic oil gets hot, they tend to get weak the longer the tractor is ran. To combat this problem, a helper arm was available to give them more lifting power on the rear lift.

Welcome to YT we will work to make it correct. Does the Fast Hitch socket lift higher if the plow is not attached. If so the answer from Hobo may be on target. Another possible issue is the Fast hitch "prong" on the plow may be adjustable (I don't know this) It looks to me to be at a too low angle to the body of the plow. Jim

Thanks. I believe the lift actually lifted it to the stops, but will check again. Also, the disc Plow hitch prong does not look adjustable.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back