Woods Deck for A Questions:

braol

I am in the market for a Farmall A with a Woods cutting deck...but I had some questions (I have no experience with A's or Woods decks):

Does a Woods deck cut like a finish mower or more like a bush hog? I want to use it to cut our 2-acre yard. (I already have a bush hog for my H.)

I found a good deal locally on an A, but it doesn't come with the deck. I've seen a few decks for sale separately, but I am leery of getting a deck and not having all the parts...or getting the wrong deck to start with. I am also worried that I'd buy the A but some integral part necessary for the deck mounting would be missing and I'd be SOL.

What should I look for/look-out for?

Cuts like a finish mower and does a really good job. Parts needed with the mower would
be the bracket that goes between the final drives with the two idler pulleys,pulley
that goes on the pto side shaft. That A has two pto shafts, one straight out the back
and the other shaft is 90 degree offset and this is the shaft that drives the mower.
Also need the two brackets that go off the rear of the mower to the final drive
brackets, and the chain for lift. Hope this helps

Well all depends on how perfect your lawn is and how fussy you are.

I have had a 72 inch three blade Woods(L306) on my BN for over 30 years. I feel it does as good a job as the Simplicity Zero turn the wife runs. Then again 90% of the 5-6 acres we mow is just weeds mixed with grass on what was a corn field not long before we built this house. Before I got the Woods most of that "lawn" was mowed with an old horse drawn sickle bar mower pulled by the BN.

If you want your lawn to be the envy of the Augusta National Golf Club then the Woods would probably not be a good choice.

Then again if you just want to make it look good to someone driving by at 40 mph and make it easy for the hawks to see the field mice while flying over head then I would try to find a good Woods mower.

I have a 72 in. woods mower on a superA that i would sell it has all the
brackets and is on the tractor.. 500.00 and u take it off.. I live south of
Terre Haute Indiana..

Toothpick

If you would like a manual for a Woods L59/L306 on a Farmall A to 140, I have a manual on the computer in PDF format. I can easily email it to you as an attachment. It has all the instructions and part numbers in it, I use it a lot when I'm working on my mower.

(quoted from post at 17:26:13 04/28/23) If you would like a manual for a Woods L59/L306 on a Farmall A to 140, I have a manual on the computer in PDF format. I can easily email it to you as an attachment. It has all the instructions and part numbers in it, I use it a lot when I'm working on my mower.

RedRamGT,

Could I get a copy of that manual? I have some of the paper manual for the L306 I have on my BN but would like the PDF version. [email protected]

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back