Your Feedback Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a simple way to get back to the forum after posing a comment? On the old system, you simply clicked on the link "Return to Forum" and you were back there. Unless I'm missing something, it's not that simple how.
In the upper left third line down is the name of the forum category you just posted in.
That will take you back to the list of threads in that category.
Also in the upper left, first line, first word is "Forums" that will take you back to the list of all categories. Your choice of how far back you want to go.

Also, why aren't the threads in simple chronological order? When you go down the list, one will be today, one a month ago, another two days ago, the next one today, etc.
Try clicking the "New Posts" button, upper left on second line. Then in upper right at top of threads list click on filter button. Then check "Save as default" and then Filter button.
Then all the things will be chronologically.

BTW, I'm using the new forum but I can't say I like it better than the old one.

It would be nice if filter settings could be saved permanently at the forum level. I change the view to First Message on each forum, but have to do it every time I go into the forum. Its annoying and starting to make me not want to look in each day
I agree. Thats the most annoying thing for me.

We value your input! Help us enhance your forum experience by sharing your feedback. Your thoughts are crucial in making improvements. Thank you for being a part of our community and contributing to a better user experience!
I voted yes because of your explanation below, which if I read it correctly, would create a new forum for the newer tractors by brand. I enjoy running the new stuff and I like to read about it also.

learning the new system, my 2 cents for me i run ih, case and caseih equip. some times i post on both just to cover all bases because i am not sure if some people that could help on a question are on both side like me.

Is there a simple way to get back to the forum after posing a comment? On the old system, you simply clicked on the link "Return to Forum" and you were back there. Unless I'm missing something, it's not that simple how.

Also, why aren't the threads in simple chronological order? When you go down the list, one will be today, one a month ago, another two days ago, the next one today, etc.

BTW, I'm using the new forum but I can't say I like it better than the old one.
To answer one of your questions, at least in a basic manner. The new software moves the thread with the most recent post to the top of the list, whether it was the last one posted or from a week ago, as is common on many forums now. The old Classic program left them in time where the original post was made. That was one factor that left the disjointed "RE." posts created when people replied to those old posts.

And your point is???
The point is, that there are a lot of folks currently on this forum that simply don't like it, and no matter how much you try to help them they are going to dig in and refuse to listen/learn/change. Even when they figure out how to use it and really aren't having any trouble at all, they're going to continue to shake their fists and shout at the sky.

Cover new tractors? We have a page for that. You want to get expansive, start another site. There's already enough turmoil here just from the changeover.

Also, if someones newfangled tractor needs an oil change & it shuts down, don't they just call the dealer?

Mike

The point is, that there are a lot of folks currently on this forum that simply don't like it, and no matter how much you try to help them they are going to dig in and refuse to listen/learn/change. Even when they figure out how to use it and really aren't having any trouble at all, they're going to continue to shake their fists and shout at the sky.

Unfortunately, that seems to be the case here lately.

I think people want information on tractors they use. A couple of years ago I upgraded from an Allis WD and Ford 2N to a JD 2150 as my primary tractor, still over 40 years old but a huge step up from the Allis WD and Ford 2N (which is still over 40 years old). Am adding a JD 2750/55 or 2950/55 with cab when I find one. Articles on tractors from the 1980's would be nice.

We value your input! Help us enhance your forum experience by sharing your feedback. Your thoughts are crucial in making improvements. Thank you for being a part of our community and contributing to a better user experience!
From what I have observed you already have post on here for newer tractors. I think the thought is members figure you get more traffic here so they have a better chance of getting a response. Although being on here for well over 20 years I've observed you don't have near the traffic here that you used to. How will it be determined what's old and what's new? One of my tractors is a 1988 which is 36 years old. Where will that fall? I have asked questions on here regarding my 2012 and my 2018 tractor and have gotten good constructive responses. I don't see where its a problem since traffic here is down considerably anyway.

DoubleR
May I ask what you're using to establish that the amount of traffic has decreased? My observation is this forum traffic has increased in the last few months.
Screenshot 2024-01-21 103222.png

This.

Also, if off topic posts were restricted to the off topic forum, Tractor Tales, instead of being scattered randomly throughout other forums it would make for a much more cohesive site.

Any other sites I am a member of the mods/admins move off topic posts to the off topic forum where they belong.
I agree with Brown David, people can't seem to follow the guidelines that are on here now! I have tried to ask questions about our newer tractor on Todays Tractors and got no response.

If I see a post that is listed as NEW, but has an older date on it, I will pass by and not open it. Getting tired of the old posts showing at the top of the page.

DoubleR
May I ask what you're using to establish that the amount of traffic has decreased? My observation is this forum traffic has increased in the last few months.
View attachment 3070
Just my general non-factual observation. A year or two ago With the old format In the winter months I would check in 8-9 in the am and the posts I would look at then would be on page 2 when I would check in at lunch time 1-2 in the afternoon. Right before the change a post would stay on page one for a couple days it seemed like. Leading me to believe the posts were down in numbers. I do know some good people have either left or just don't post anymore.

If YT wants to do newer tractors I would suggest a new forum just for them. I am only interested in older ones and old equipment. And I would like to thank YT for the forums, I enjoy them almost every day.

Just add them in, If they are supported and used fine, if not remove them. Seems easy enough but be ready for the don't ever change anything crowd to keep crying foul.
You admins know who looks at and adds hits to this site. All us users know about proposed changes is what a few loud mouths go on and on about.

I asked a simple, hone

I asked a simple, honest question and all I got was a load of crap from someone who apparently thought I should have seen the answer elsewhere on the forum.

Apparently some people think they're 'way better and smarter than everyone else. If that stuff continues, I might be out of here.

he loud mouth loud typers

I asked a simple, honest question and all I got was a load of crap from someone who apparently thought I should have seen the answer elsewhere on the forum.

Apparently some people think they're 'way better and smarter than everyone else. If that stuff continues, I might be out of here.
Well Goose, you would be just one a few hundred good people run off here by the loud mouth flame typers that think exactly as you said. Nothing can be done about it, one of them just placed me on ignore, Boo hoo, thank you! w
Wish all if them would, LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back