Z-134 camshaft

pomester

More bad news associated with the TO-35/Z-134. Magnafluxing the camshaft reveals cracks associated with the lobes of cylinder one. I will replace it.

The parts book calls for part# 1750293M1. Agco does not list it. A google search reveals that there are many suppliers (including our host here) of camshafts. They indicate the same new replacement camshaft is used in the Z-120, Z-129, and Z-134 engines altho the Ferguson parts book lists differing numbers for each engine.

Anybody know anything about the situation? I'm guessing the new camshafts come from the same overseas manufacturer regardless of the retailer. There's nothing on eBay that looks very good. I can poke around for original camshafts at various salvage places and maybe find a serviceable original equipment - could I use a salvage camshaft out of any of the three engines? Or are there differences between them?

There is a difference between Z120 and Z129. Z120 has no overlap and Z129 does.
I would guess Z134 and Z129 would be similar but i did not check.

I remember back in the 60-70s there were machine shops that reground camshafts for cars/trucks.

Not sure if any places still do that?

I need to visit the machine shop soon. Too bad it's an hour away and now it's spring on the farm. This was suppose to be my winter project. Since my existing cam is cracked, regrinding won't solve my problem. I would need a good core. Cam and crank gears are also an issue. There is O/2 stamped on the front cover gasket surface. The Ferguson magazine did an article last issue on the over/undersized gears (they are unavailable), and the Ferguson facebook page has a couple of recent posts about the gears. I need to check the block again and see if there are anymore numbers stamped. I've seen a picture with a number stamped above the crankshaft - it's unclear to me if there might be two numbers stamped one for the crank and one for the cam. That might explain why there are over/undersized gears for both the cam and crank.

I've received and sent to a gear shop the original technical drawings for the cam and crank gears, I need to visit them and talk about manufacturing over/undersized gears - that shop is 1.5 hours away, but at least my machine shop is in between.

Project is out of control....

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back