Fixing some of the frustration

stevieb49829

I was getting discouraged with reading outdated posts that were triggered by a new comment to that old post. Then I discovered "filters". I opened up the little menu, went down to the "sort by" and selected "first message". It now works in chronological order by new thread and not by a responsive post. Steve

This is what my page looks like, when I'm in Tractor Talk.
filters.png

I was getting discouraged with reading outdated posts that were triggered by a new comment to that old post. Then I discovered "filters". I opened up the little menu, went down to the "sort by" and selected "first message". It now works in chronological order by new thread and not by a responsive post. Steve
I don't know why, but my PC's with Windows 10 both list things chronologically, but with old posts first, new posts last. I didn't have to mess with any filters or nothing. And when I come back later and open the thread again, it takes me to the new posts automatically. Am I the only person this happens to?

It's WONDERFUL to be able to so easily switch between views in the new format, but I still like having everything listed chronologically.

But thanks for mentioning the Filters thing. That'll give me something else to play with. 😁

Bless you for this post

Thank you. That helps a lot!

Thank you! I've been frustrated with that too, much better now!

I don't know why, but my PC's with Windows 10 both list things chronologically, but with old posts first, new posts last. I didn't have to mess with any filters or nothing. And when I come back later and open the thread again, it takes me to the new posts automatically. Am I the only person this happens to?

It's WONDERFUL to be able to so easily switch between views in the new format, but I still like having everything listed chronologically.

But thanks for mentioning the Filters thing. That'll give me something else to play with. 😁
That's the way mine works too.

Thanks Steve!

Follow up question: This setting seems to change back to last message every time I exit the forum. Is this what happens to you?

Follow up question: This setting seems to change back to last message every time I exit the forum. Is this what happens to you?
Yes. I've kind of put a bug in the ear of Kim and Chris to see if there is a way to attach those filter settings to your profile, so it defaults to what you want it to be when you log in.
Right now, I just make it my routine to go right to the filters and change it every time I go to another forum. steve

Thank you so much for pointing this out!! I am still exploring the site and changing things but hadn't found this. If everyone hangs on for a little while, I'm sure we will learn the intricacies get back to griping about other things! : > \

Yes. I've kind of put a bug in the ear of Kim and Chris to see if there is a way to attach those filter settings to your profile, so it defaults to what you want it to be when you log in.
Right now, I just make it my routine to go right to the filters and change it every time I go to another forum. steve
I don't mind clicking every time I change forums. It is getting old having to change filters every time I read a message and click Tractor Talk or what ever forum I'm in to mark it as read

I don't mind clicking every time I change forums. It is getting old having to change filters every time I read a message and click Tractor Talk or what ever forum I'm in to mark it as read
It is on admins list of things to tweek. So that each user can make filtering choices the default for you throughout the forum.
You do not have to manually mark anything as read. IF you do not use the back button.
Use the category name shown above the thread title near the top and at the bottom of thread before the "Similar Threads" listed.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back