Just wanted to put out there, my 1030 engine temp sensor died, I was able to find one through Messicks, I did not reach out to John S. but the price tag Messicks had was a bit scary, like 125 buck plus shipping! I did some searching and digging here at work and figured out that a Chevy truck one from the 80's (I went small block but I think Big block is the same sender) has all the same resistance specs, the only issue is the wire connection on the GM one is that slip on sprue thing where the Case one is just a ring, pretty easy fix, the GM sender is like 15 bucks, installed it after some other issues, apparently someone had a gorilla tighten the sender, had a 16 inch pipe wrench and 4 foot of pipe on it to get it to come loose, all works as it should and the gauge agrees with my infrared temp gun!

I have been using mechanical temp gauges. With them I don't have to be concerned with matching the sender to the gauge. They should be fairly accurate and I get them at an auto parts store for around $30. I have used them on working machines where we were not concerned with keeping everything original.

I have been using mechanical temp gauges. With them I don't have to be concerned with matching the sender to the gauge. They should be fairly accurate and I get them at an auto parts store for around $30. I have used them on working machines where we were not concerned with keeping everything original.

no worries, I would have gone mechanical, but I kinda wanted to keep the dash original since the gauge was in good shape, I would assume that the sender is the same for all the Comfort-King tractors, but not sure, the 830's that grandpa had, now dad has one and sis has one were short hood eagle hitch and the dashes are totally different than 1030, was around som comfort king 7, 8, and 930's but don't remember how they were made

Just wanted to put out there, my 1030 engine temp sensor died, I was able to find one through Messicks, I did not reach out to John S. but the price tag Messicks had was a bit scary, like 125 buck plus shipping! I did some searching and digging here at work and figured out that a Chevy truck one from the 80's (I went small block but I think Big block is the same sender) has all the same resistance specs, the only issue is the wire connection on the GM one is that slip on sprue thing where the Case one is just a ring, pretty easy fix, the GM sender is like 15 bucks, installed it after some other issues, apparently someone had a gorilla tighten the sender, had a 16 inch pipe wrench and 4 foot of pipe on it to get it to come loose, all works as it should and the gauge agrees with my infrared temp gun!
In stock. $31.00.

very fair John, if it wasn't for getting my discount and of course that pesky shipping, I was going to call you if this didn't work, I only looked at SBC senders so it didn't take much to research! Are the dash's on the comfort king 730's and 830's the same or are they still like the short hood ones, kinda like the 100 series only the needles swing different and the colors? I honestly don't remember I've only maybe been around a couple to use and wasn't paying that much attention!

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back