1944 Case VAC front wheels question

Jeffbo1

New User
My 1944 VAC has cast iron front wheels....not the typical plate type front wheel rims....didn't know if these front rims were an option, such as for weight, or if they are an oddity.....any info would be appreciated

That's the only style I've seen on them, at least it's the most common I've seen. Besides the single front wheel
Here's what Im talking about.....note the front wheels are a 4-spoke cast iron wheel....

Attachments

• 44'-Case VAC.jpg
    44'-Case VAC.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 40
My 1944 VAC has cast iron front wheels....not the typical plate type front wheel rims....didn't know if these front rims were an option, such as for weight, or if they are an oddity.....any info would be appreciated
my SC had solid cast fron wheels. Not sure if offered on vac, but suppose it could swap out.

I see what's going on now. It looks like you have a VC front steering pedestal and grill with VAC sheet metal. Here is a VC and VAC, Note the difference in the steering arm placement. Steering arm is down lower on the VACView attachment 70670View attachment 70669
Very interesting indeed and thank you for the pics. I’ll have to check my serial number and see if in fact it was originally built as a VC not a VAC. My tractor was a “basket Case” when I got it and who knows. The sheet metal may have been incorrect for my tractor. Many thanks again!

I see what's going on now. It looks like you have a VC front steering pedestal and grill with VAC sheet metal. Here is a VC and VAC, Note the difference in the steering arm placement. Steering arm is down lower on the VACView attachment 70670View attachment 70669
Also I think the early VACs from 42’ to mid year 44’ had the chicken roost steering arm. Then they switched to the lower arm then on. I’ll have to verify this as well.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back