1964 Ford 4000 Heavy Duty Industrial grill emblem

Shelbygt

Can someone send me a picture and even better a part number for my missing grill emblem? The plywood isn’t a good look. 😊

Many thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_1450.png
    IMG_1450.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 24
I want to get the right one if I’m stepping up to the plate. It’s a cool old hoopty. 😎
We have the exact same tractor. The "Industrial" metal circular emblem is widely available as a restoration part. Prior reply is correct, they are available from this site, D-C, and others. There is a bent piece of flat metal that goes on the inside that is the bracket that holds the emblem in place. Since you need to remove the emblem from time to time in order to access the headlights and make adjustments, be sure you use the correct bracket. Now the really hard restoration part to fine, are the 4 letters "F O R D" that line up vertically. Enjoy, Larry.

We have the exact same tractor. The "Industrial" metal circular emblem is widely available as a restoration part. Prior reply is correct, they are available from this site, D-C, and others. There is a bent piece of flat metal that goes on the inside that is the bracket that holds the emblem in place. Since you need to remove the emblem from time to time in order to access the headlights and make adjustments, be sure you use the correct bracket. Now the really hard restoration part to fine, are the 4 letters "F O R D" that line up vertically. Enjoy, Larry.
Yes, right now it has a later model Ford script. Can i talk you into a picture of your emblem?

Yes, right now it has a later model Ford script. Can i talk you into a picture of your emblem?
Don't have a picture of mine, but earlier in this thread Andy included a link to a clear photo of the correct emblem. Just click on the short line in his message that says "YT Industrial Emblem". This is the correct one, and I think they sell them on this site for about $100 or so. There is a dealer that also sells the correct hood decals for the HD Industrial tractors, you should try George Brandish for these decals. No one else has the correct ones as far as I know. The HD tractors have different emblems than the standard Industrial tractors of the same era.

Don't have a picture of mine, but earlier in this thread Andy included a link to a clear photo of the correct emblem. Just click on the short line in his message that says "YT Industrial Emblem". This is the correct one, and I think they sell them on this site for about $100 or so. There is a dealer that also sells the correct hood decals for the HD Industrial tractors, you should try George Brandish for these decals. No one else has the correct ones as far as I know. The HD tractors have different emblems than the standard Industrial tractors of the same era.
Great. That was my question….is there a difference between Industrial and Heavy Duty Industrial. You guys are very helpful. I’m sure there will be more questions as I continue the restoration.

Thanks again!

Great. That was my question….is there a difference between Industrial and Heavy Duty Industrial. You guys are very helpful. I’m sure there will be more questions as I continue the restoration.

Thanks again!
Yes, there are huge differences between the 1964 era Ford Industrial versus the Heavy Duty Industrial, these include the significant difference in the front axle, which on the HD is not adjustable and is super strong. I strongly suggest that you take the time to pick up the correct manuals for the HD, these include an operators manual, and the large parts manual, this is the thick one titled "Ford 4 Cylinder Tractor - All Models 1953-1964, which includes all the parts diagrams and numbers for the All Purpose/Rowcrop/Industrial/LCG/HD Industrial/Orchard & Grove. There is no single parts or service manual just for the HD, and this manual also distinguishes between the 1962/3 HD with cable power steering versus the 1963/4 HD with the power assist steering. Also, if your HD comes with the FEL or FEL plus Backhoe, there are also manuals available for these implements for both operators and assembly instructions, which are necessary for any restoration. Finally, there is an I & T manual that covers this range of tractors as well, it is the FO20. Finally Finally, be advised, many many of the parts numbers have been changed over the years. Best of Luck, Larry.

Yes, there are huge differences between the 1964 era Ford Industrial versus the Heavy Duty Industrial, these include the significant difference in the front axle, which on the HD is not adjustable and is super strong. I strongly suggest that you take the time to pick up the correct manuals for the HD, these include an operators manual, and the large parts manual, this is the thick one titled "Ford 4 Cylinder Tractor - All Models 1953-1964, which includes all the parts diagrams and numbers for the All Purpose/Rowcrop/Industrial/LCG/HD Industrial/Orchard & Grove. There is no single parts or service manual just for the HD, and this manual also distinguishes between the 1962/3 HD with cable power steering versus the 1963/4 HD with the power assist steering. Also, if your HD comes with the FEL or FEL plus Backhoe, there are also manuals available for these implements for both operators and assembly instructions, which are necessary for any restoration. Finally, there is an I & T manual that covers this range of tractors as well, it is the FO20. Finally Finally, be advised, many many of the parts numbers have been changed over the years. Best of Luck, Larry.
Thank you, Larry. I just have a couple of acres so this is more of a hobby/toy. I like the headlight placement in the grille. It looks unique. I’ll be learning a lot in this journey. This one is there for the most part but I’m sure all kinds of things will pop up…..as they always do for me. One plus is that it seems to have been kept indoors. 😊

Thanks again!

Yes, there are huge differences between the 1964 era Ford Industrial versus the Heavy Duty Industrial

I'm not sure which "1964 era Ford Industrial you're referring to". Or possibly I am misunderstanding what you are referring to as "the Heavy Duty Industrial". The 1964 4000 Industrial was made in two models, the 4140, which was the Heavy Industrial Model and had the cast grill, and the 4130, which was the Light Industrial model that had the same basic grill as the ag chassis models, but the 4130 had a non-adjustable front axle that was heavier duty than the adjustable ag chassis models, but not quite as heavy duty as the front axle on the 4140 Heavy Industrial model.

OK, the "Industrial" does not have adjustable front axle, but it is not as heavy duty or strong as the HD model. Also, many of these tractors have been altered in the past 60 years with replacement transmissions, trumpets, etc. over the years. If yours has the cast iron front, then it is the HD model. Looking at my diagrams, I think you are correct, the front axle on the std Industrial is not adjustable, but it is much lighter duty than the HD model. The std Industrial has conventional front end spindles, whereas the HD has a kingpin type set up for the front wheels.

OK, the "Industrial" does not have adjustable front axle, but it is not as heavy duty or strong as the HD model. Also, many of these tractors have been altered in the past 60 years with replacement transmissions, trumpets, etc. over the years. If yours has the cast iron front, then it is the HD model. Looking at my diagrams, I think you are correct, the front axle on the std Industrial is not adjustable, but it is much lighter duty than the HD model. The std Industrial has conventional front end spindles, whereas the HD has a kingpin type set up for the front wheels.
The 4130 "Light Industrial" and the 4140 "Heavy Industrial" are both "Industrial" models. I agree that the first pitcure in the thread is a Heavy Industrial Model with the cast grill. I believe that it was actually cast steel, not cast iron.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back