1975 Ford 3550 diesel backhoe

jrsavoie

Looking for a fuel tank screen / part number. Schematics

Serial C429973
Model K5011F

Currently fighting a no start situation.

It'll pop with a little Marvel in the intake.

Ran about 3 weeks ago.

I was going to move it to get the lawn mower out and it's not getting fuel to the injectors.

It's getting fuel to the injection pump.

Fuel out the bleeder on the side of the cav pump.

I heard you should tap on something to make sure the fuel shut off isn't stuck shut.
Not sure where to tap.

I've since been told to take the top off, like I did when I replaced the orings, to free up the fuel shut off.

I'm still not positive what to do after I remove the top.

any thoughts and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Is there anyone in the Kankakee Illinois area that makes house calls?

Last edited:
Here is a link to the manufacturer’s parts catalog. CNHI Ford 3550 parts
If you’re getting fuel to the injection pump then the problem sounds internal to the pump. I can’t give you advice on working inside of that pump. Are you possibly the type that insists on using exclusively biodiesel? That stuff is not good in a machine that sets for periods of time.
I would suggest you use the “Contact us” button below in the red and have your post moved into the Ford forums. Probably more likely to get a reply there.

Here is a link to the manufacturer’s parts catalog. CNHI Ford 3550 parts
If you’re getting fuel to the injection pump then the problem sounds internal to the pump. I can’t give you advice on working inside of that pump. Are you possibly the type that insists on using exclusively biodiesel? That stuff is not good in a machine that sets for periods of time.
I would suggest you use the “Contact us” button below in the red and have your post moved into the Ford forums. Probably more likely to get a reply there.
Thanks

I used B11 since the 1990's
It worked much better with the old diesel.

I've had a lot of health issues the past several years.
So nothing has been ran much.
I wish we had the new diesel that stores like the old diesel did. Not available around here

I still feel that if you requested this to be moved to the Ford forum you will get more replies.

I still feel that if you requested this to be moved to the Ford forum you will get more replies.
I'll give it a go.

Fighting health issues and exhaustion.

It's like working drunk.

The traveling mechanics I knew are no longer with us.

My wife, helper, maybe supervisor would much appreciate it, if we could find someone worth paying, to pay.

As is we just keep plugging away

Near Kankakee Illinois.

I’ll look later this evening at the YT map to see if there is an active member somewhere around you.
Thank you.
I found this thread. Hopefully it helps.
We're just plugging away trying to get done what we can.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back