Ford 3000 Diesel No fluid to Injectors

Update, I pulled the injectors today and checked compression. Starter may be dragging some but I only got 160 on 2 cylinders and only 90 on the #1 cylinder. Next question , What are the opinions of pulling the head and oil pan and doing a basic in-frame overhaul ?
I didn't read this whole thread closely so if youve tried this then I say mea culpa.
Pull it.
Hook on to it and pull it arould for a while.
Forget digging into the innards for now.
An old engine can almost be aways be started 'one more time'.
Yes, your compression is almost too low for a gasser much less a diesel.
You said it was stuck but you freed it up and used PB.
Those pistons have a large dish in the top that will hold a couple tablespoons.
I would pour a quarter cup down each hole and let sit for a week. Leave the injectors out and turn it over several times.
Some use ATF.
I still secretly believe in Marvel Mystery Oil or a LOT of PB so it spills over that dish and into the rings.
Then hook onto it with your pickup or another tractor and pull it around. Blow the oil out of the injector holes then reinstall the injectors. Then pull it around for 10 or 15 minutes and see what happens. I have had old engines start up that you would have sworn were long dead. A couple/few actually ran pretty good after going through a few heat/cool cycles.

Thanks for the advice Ultra dog, I actually put some Marvin's mystery oil in the cylinder after I got it broke loose. I was considering pulling it off to see if it might crank if the engine was turning over lots faster.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back