2210D Rebuild-ROD STAMP CONFUSION

Last Ditch Effort. I was waiting to contact Hoye for infornation on this, but when I called I found out it's been sold. The guy told me there are no longer techs or mechanics and all we are now are salesman <E:mad:</E>

I have a 2210D I am semi rebuilding due to buying it in disrepair!I am redoing the head, but also bought sleeves, pistons, rings, and bearings.

I have the pistons back from machine shop all shiny with new bearings.
MY ISSUE: One piston is marked 1 on the cap and matches 1 on the rod, the other side has EW or EN?
I have researched that the stamped numbers go toward the camshaft. I was set to follow that, but I noticed that the number 1 piston has two noticeable dimple marks on the bottom of the rod cap. I also noticed that the crankshaft bearing closest to the flywheel has 2 of the the exact same dimple marks. So, are the rod caps wrong? Should the rod cap with the 2 dimple marks be matched to the number 2 stamped rod?
Both rods have either 1 or 2 stamped on one side and EW or EN on the other? Do those marks go toward the camshaft or is it the numbers that do as most say is right?

Have to say I am no spring chicken and mecahnically inlcined and have been working on cars, engines, motorcycles, and bikes for over 40 years. I also ran this one by a buddy who is a Diesel AG mechanic.....HE WAS STUMPED TOO!!

I have gone a while before posting here and I hope this is kind of clear at least. If all fails, I guess I put the number 1 piston closest to the flywheel (cylinder #1 I believe) and the number 2 piston in front, all with the STAMPED NUMBERS facing the camshaft.

Thanks for any help you might be able to lend. I Have had the tractor for a while now and am hoping to have it going this summer.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back