2TR15 - Piston / Connecting Rod position

TymerTopCat

New User
I purchased an overhaul kit for 2TR15 engine with new Pistons, Connecting rods and Sleeves.

The pistons have STD and an arrow stamped on the top.

The older pistons which were from another overhaul kit from 2015, don't have any markings on them.

Question 1: What direction should the arrow point to? Maybe it doesn't matter?
Question 2: The connecting rods have numbers stamped on the rod/caps what direction should these be?

The new pistons are flat topped, the pistons measure the same in all directions, there are three holes in one of the piston lands on both sides.
Visually to me, they appear the same, and leads you to believe that it would not matter the direction of arrow.

But it bothers me because someone stamped that arrow on the piston.

Can anyone comment on these two questions.

Thanks

-R

I do not know about Yanmar but some aftermarket pistons and sleeve assembly's years back had the wrist pin offset from the bore centerline to alter the side thrust as the piston moved down from combustion pressures, those pistons were marked with an arrow pointing front, as stated by the other poster most engines were number to cam, at least on domestic stuff.

I do not know about Yanmar but some aftermarket pistons and sleeve assembly's years back had the wrist pin offset from the bore centerline to alter the side thrust as the piston moved down from combustion pressures, those pistons were marked with an arrow pointing front, as stated by the other poster most engines were number to cam, at least on domestic stuff.
I'll check for that. Thank you. The pistons seem to be the same in either direction. But I did not think to measure and see if the wrist pin is offset. How much have you seen?

Have never measured but it is very noticeable, I'm gonna guess 3/16-1/4 inch offset.

060 thousands would be common for automotive, don't know about 2TR15's.
Yeah, that's not so noticeable. I don't think the 2TR15 has an offset. But I'm gonna check it. Thirty thousands is a bit hard to see with my old eyes. Never measured this before. I have most all tools for measuring things. But if there is an easy way to measure that, let me know.
Thanks for your reply.

Yeah, that's not so noticeable. I don't think the 2TR15 has an offset. But I'm gonna check it. Thirty thousands is a bit hard to see with my old eyes. Never measured this before. I have most all tools for measuring things. But if there is an easy way to measure that, let me know.
Thanks for your reply.
You may find some pointers in this Yanmar engine rebuild of the 2T90.
https://www.external_link.com/threads/john-deere-650-2-cylinder-yanmar.1392190/#replies

I can't make that link work, is it correct?
ok, maybe,

1709870858344.png

/threads/john-deere-650-2-cylinder-yanmar.1392190/#replies

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back