268 injection timing help...

dannyidp

Hello everyone I rebuilt a 95 New Holland 268 engine I now have 50 hours and it's still hazing at idle with unburnt fuel. The book was very vague on timing the pump. What I did was used a dial indicator got the #1 on top dead center lined up all my gears and installed the injector pump with the mark on the Block on zero line. The motor runs great cranks right up but I'm just not sure if it is timed correctly maybe I'm shooting fuel too late I'm able to rotate the pump left and right but how would I know what's the right timing?
The injectors have been rebuilt also. Any and all help will be appreciated and if you need some more information let me know thank you

You have the newer Genesis engine that I’ve not worked on nor have a service manual for
What have you done to break in the engine, worked it hard, run it for several hours at pto speed?

To simplify this question does anyone know the degrees this engine should be running? I have a 256 that runs at 19 but I'm not sure about this 268.

To simplify this question does anyone know the degrees this engine should be running? I have a 256 that runs at 19 but I'm not sure about this 268.
The early 5000/233 was 19 degrees BTDC, later most Fords with inline pumps were set 23 degrees BTDC. There's no spec for static timing far as I know for any Ford with the ROTARY injection pump, whether DPA, DPS, or DP200.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back