3000 gas power steering pump

There is... an early pump and a later pump with reservoir built in... for the 3000 tractor. Both are held in place by two bolts from the front... and you have to disconnect the lines on the back side.

There is... an early pump and a later pump with reservoir built in... for the 3000 tractor. Both are held in place by two bolts from the front... and you have to disconnect the lines on the back side.
Would it be a correct assumption that they both mount the tractor the right way? Then also focus on hoses lining up and relief PSI rating? I’m very curious on changing my old plessey pump to a new style dynamatic from this site.

Would it be a correct assumption that they both mount the tractor the right way? Then also focus on hoses lining up and relief PSI rating? I’m very curious on changing my old plessey pump to a new style dynamatic from this site.
The two pump styles mount to the engine the same way, but the early style also has the separate reservoir up above, which mounts separately, but you need to modify or replace the lines, as they connect to the pumps and reservoirs in different locations

Th
The two pump styles mount to the engine the same way, but the early style also has the separate reservoir up above, which mounts separately, but you need to modify or replace the lines, as they connect to the pumps and reservoirs in different locations
Thanks Sean for detailing this. Makes me more confident on buying the newer style. I don’t mind replacing hoses, even if I need them custom made.

My problem stems from disconnecting it from the rear not the front. Easy peasy from the front. I bought a new pump on internet but no gaskets were included. Now I'm waiting for a gasket. Thanks, Gary
Good point about the gaskets. The ad doesn’t mention them included or not.

My problem stems from disconnecting it from the rear not the front. Easy peasy from the front. I bought a new pump on internet but no gaskets were included. Now I'm waiting for a gasket. Thanks, Gary
Are you talking about a gasket where the pump mounts to the engine? If so, that is an o-ring, and not a gasket, and it might already be there in the groove on the front of the pump. It was there on the last new style pump that I bought.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back