A friend of mine has a 650G JohnDeere dozer and he had to jump it off last weekend and the cable arced. Now it acts like there’s no fire from the key to the starter. Was wondering if there’s a fuse or relay that could be bad. It’s been a while since I messed with one. Any help is appreciated

A friend of mine has a 650G JohnDeere dozer and he had to jump it off last weekend and the cable arced. Now it acts like there’s no fire from the key to the starter. Was wondering if there’s a fuse or relay that could be bad. It’s been a while since I messed with one. Any help is appreciated
What does he find about fuses or breakers in his Operator's Manual? If he doesn't have an Operator's Manual go to this link to get a free download that can be saved and printed.

JD Construction and Forestry Bookstore.

Type OMT163974 in the "Search Term" box at the center top and it should bring the Operator's Manual up. Click on the Download box beside the title and download (and save) it to the device you guys want.

If he wants to get the Technical Manuals for it TM1403 is the Test Manual (It has all diagnostic info, wiring diagrams, etc.). It is needed before one uses TM1404, the repair manual (it has the "wrenching" info.) You can find them the same way as the Operator's Manual; however they are not free, you have to purchase those.

The 650G parts catalog is online at the link below.

JD 650G Parts Catalog PC2154

Between the Operator's manual and Parts Catalog you should be able to find the circuit breakers and fuses. There is always the possibility his arc let the smoke out of a part of the systems monitor; then you may need the Test manual to diagnose things.

Good luck

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back