75 Hp Mahindra

WNYBill

Looking at a Mahindra 7520, 4WD, Loader, 1200 hours. This is a utility tractor, not a compact. Made in 2005, so there shouldn't be any computers or emission control. There is a Dealer within 40 miles of me.

Anybody got advice for me? The good, the bad and the ugly????? What should I look at? Replacing a good 6060 Allis on our family hobby farm. Will be doing food plots, road maintance, mowing and snow removel.

Bill

Run do not walk away. Poor dealer support plus parts are hard to come buy and cost a lot. Plus they are very poorly engineered

(quoted from post at 14:26:41 09/22/19) Run do not walk away. Poor dealer support plus parts are hard to come buy and cost a lot. Plus they are very poorly engineered

I'm not much for "foreign" tractor brands, but two friends have Mahindras and LOVE them. There's a good dealer 35 miles away, and the tractors have worked well for my friends.

I think, like with anything, the dealer makes a HUGE difference.

I would hesitate trading a good 6060 Allis for a Mahindra.....what's wrong with the Allis? What can't it do the Mahindra can?

Ben

The key is how good is the dealer that is 40 miles from you??? What I have found is that the Mahindra tractors are a simple design but not always a good design. Some models are rock tough and others not so much. That being said it is really dealer dependent on what kind of support you receive. The national organization is NOT good to deal with. Low warranty payments and poor parts reimbursements on warranty work. So what this means is IF your buying a second hand Mahindra tractor the dealer that did not sell it new are not real motivated to support the tractor. This is with parts and service not warranty work.

I repaired ONE Mahindra 585. The fellow ran it until the MFWD front hubs where totally shot. Grease leaked out and he ran it until it would not work at all. So we needed just about the entire outboard hub assemblies. Took right at six months to get the parts. Even then the local dealer struggled to get all the parts we needed. Little things like gaskets and orings are not marked well in the diagrams.

I have 6500 which is 10hp smaller it has held up well over 2000 hours on the clock, use it for about everything that we got it for it replaced a well used JD 2020.Dealer support is the most important thing.The 7520 is a tractor built by Mahindra,most of the smaller ones a just labeled Mahindra .My wife and I liked the first we bought a second 2 years ago
,the biggest selling point was dealer support and most Mahindra don't need DEF or have to go thru a regen.

My vote is keep the good Allis and keep looking. I would be concerned about dealer support along with parts availability.

I have a 2008 model 6520. Love it. Only drawback so far - brake pedals are too small for my size 13 shoes. I have a newer Deere the same size on paper. The Mahindra makes the Deere seem outclassed.

Thanks for replies. Allis is not 4WD. 4000 + hours and needs rubber....where do you get 18.4x28???? Thought the Mahindra might be a little handier, will know after I look at it.

Thought someone could tell me what to look for?

Wolfman I am sending a PM.

Bill

You could always go with a set of 18.4 X 30 tires and wheels they are pretty easy to come by in parts yards. I personally wouldn't think about trading down to a newer tractor.

I think you guys got trolled.......the tell is he said Good Allis Chalmers. Ain't no such thing! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rick

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back