756 international wiring diagram

flooder1997

i am doing a high end restoration on a 756 IH diesel i am looking for a wiring diagram if anyone would be so helpful to share what they had it was supposed to be a simple paint jon and fix some leaks come to find out it needed to have a full motor job injection pump all new injectors i have go that alldone and have it painted just looking for a very simple diagram so the gauges work with a 1 wire altenator

Like this?:
wiring a one wire.jpg

hey its what buddy wanted to use !
ALRIGHTY, then!

Are you missing all the wiring and starting over? IF so, you are going to need an original wiring diagram to wire up the gauges, etc., there should be on in the Operator's Manual.

If the wiring is O.K., installing a "one wire" alternator would only require unplugging the existing external regulator harness at the regulator.

A disadvantage is that the alternator warning light will no longer function,.

A BETTER plan would be to install a 3-wire internally regulated alternator, connect it's #1 terminal to a wire from the original regulator harness terminal associated with the warning light and jumper it's #2 terminal to the alternator's large output stud.

By doing that you will have the advantages of an internally-regulated alternator AND the dashboard charge indicator light will be functional.

ALRIGHTY, then!

Are you missing all the wiring and starting over? IF so, you are going to need an original wiring diagram to wire up the gauges, etc., there should be on in the Operator's Manual.

If the wiring is O.K., installing a "one wire" alternator would only require unplugging the existing external regulator harness at the regulator.

A disadvantage is that the alternator warning light will no longer function,.

A BETTER plan would be to install a 3-wire internally regulated alternator, connect it's #1 terminal to a wire from the original regulator harness terminal associated with the warning light and jumper it's #2 terminal to the alternator's large output stud.

By doing that you will have the advantages of an internally-regulated alternator AND the dashboard charge indicator light will be functional.
thankyou i may just go that route now i cant get it running i sent the pump away to get rebuilt im getting fuel to the pump and then very little to the injectors i dont have it fully wired yet would that cause it not to start i dont see anything indicating that im missing something any help would be helpful im at a loss with it at this point

That's the way I went on the Massey Harris that I'm currently "restoring". I would have used a 3 wire internally regulated Delco 10SI, but I had a brand new one wire laying on the bench, without a home. So, when I constructed the wiring harness, I put the diode into the wiring from the ignition switch, and made the jumper wire up for the #2 terminal, SHOULD anyone want to change over to the 3 wire. It's more a restomod, instead of a complete restoration, but almost all of it is factory stock. Just don't look too closely at the forklift engine in it. steve

thankyou i may just go that route now i cant get it running i sent the pump away to get rebuilt im getting fuel to the pump and then very little to the injectors i dont have it fully wired yet would that cause it not to start i dont see anything indicating that im missing something any help would be helpful im at a loss with it at this point
I'm sorry, I missed the diesel part in your description, so the wiring diagram would NOT have a coil and distributor. However, there is some means of shutting off the fuel as a shut off switch, sometimes an electric solenoid. Trace that down, and make sure it is not interfering with it starting. The charging system (alternator, regulator, diode, etc) has no bearing on this, but a shutoff circuit might be in the wiring somewhere.

Last edited:
Is there a electrical connection to the I.P., I would GUESS not, and that the engine is stopped by moving the throttle past a stop, but I don't know for sure.

Is there a electrical connection to the I.P., I would GUESS not, and that the engine is stopped by moving the throttle past a stop, but I don't know for sure.
I was looking unsuccessfully for a wiring diagram to answer that question. If we are lucky the OP will tell us there are no electrical connections on the Injection Pump, or any dangling wires in the vicinity. steve

I was looking unsuccessfully for a wiring diagram to answer that question. If we are lucky the OP will tell us there are no electrical connections on the Injection Pump, or any dangling wires in the vicinity. steve
no there is not any connections that i can find anywhere i find it very weird that i am not getting fuel up past the pump

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back