Agco 5650 clutch not working right

ratskinner1

New User
Clutch pedal only engages in the last inch tore The clutch out send it out to repair they said there was nothing wrong with the clutch put new throw out bearing pilot bearing put all back together still have the same problem
Also looked at all the components everything seem to work correctly very little to no slop
Clutch was put in new about 10 years ago .
Up until last year it worked fine I am just wondering if the guys I sent it to knew what they were talking about

How much pedal travel is there BEFORE the bearing contacts the release levers when pushing the pedal down? Maybe that's all that needs adjusted, long as the clutch pulls without slipping, and will release as it should..

So you're saying the clutch releases if the pedal is only pushed down 1 inch?

If so, the free travel in the linkage needs adjusting.

You want about 1/2" to 1" pedal travel before the release bearing contacts the pressure plate fingers.

It is important to have that clearance because it will wear out the release bearing, and can cause the clutch to slip if the fingers are partially compressed.

If you mean that the tractor will move only when the clutch is almost up adjust the linkage so it has 1 inch of easy movement before it gets harder to
push.
If it requires the pedal to be pushed down way far to the last inch, there may be loose components in the cross shaft, or linkage. if no loose parts,
the adjustment above is correct. Jim

The pedal will move 5 inches in the last inch it wwill engage the clutch I can adjust the clutch pedal out but then the clutch pedal run out a stroke and lock up
The problem is when you release the clutch in gear as soon as you move the panel with your foot and inch and grabs right now and throws you back on the tractor he just does not gradually engage like most clutches

My guess is a slipped Keyway or pin on the cross shaft. (that moves the throwout bearing) If it happened very rapidly, like in a week, it is probably
that. If over 6 months, it could be the pivot points on the clutch fingers (in the pressure plate). Jim

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back