An idea to help people who are having trouble with the new forums

Our Phone System is Down!

Please use the Contact us Form

We are working to resolve the issue ASAP! Thanks for your patience!

J Hamilton

If someone who is more technology experienced than me could make a video on how to navigate and make adjustments to settings on this new format, and maybe put it on YouTube or something with a link to it. Just a thought that might help because I know it's hard to explain to someone how to navigate this just in a text.

If someone who is more technology experienced than me could make a video on how to navigate and make adjustments to settings on this new format, and maybe put it on YouTube or something with a link to it. Just a thought that might help because I know it's hard to explain to someone how to navigate this just in a text.
That’s a good idea but I’m not much of a Utube searcher
I printed off the pages of instructions so I can refer to them when needed

What's going on here, what ever it is I DON"T LIKE IT Dave F
Dave .... you just showed up, so far you've only had 165 posts or replies in your resume .... you of all people should find it easier to adapt than weathered veterans. Unless of course you've been here forever in the background and only a looker and not posting or replying. I assumed ahead of time that I wouldn't like it ..... but really it's not all that bad, quite good actually. To be honest I never could (and still can't) figure out what the problem(s) were with the old system .... I preferred CLASSIC when I had the choice. Anyways, if I can change then anyone can change ..... LOL !!!

Dave .... you just showed up, so far you've only had 165 posts or replies in your resume .... you of all people should find it easier to adapt than weathered veterans. Unless of course you've been here forever in the background and only a looker and not posting or replying. I assumed ahead of time that I wouldn't like it ..... but really it's not all that bad, quite good actually. To be honest I never could (and still can't) figure out what the problem(s) were with the old system .... I preferred CLASSIC when I had the choice. Anyways, if I can change then anyone can change ..... LOL !!!
His profile shows he joined in 2008

A youtube tutorial link for new forum navigation and features could be posted as a sticky (a subject thread that stays at top of all threads) in every forum topic section.
I hate to shine a negative light on them, but I do feel YT support dropped the ball a bit in this area. My personal opinion is they focused so much on adjusting everything to cater to the Classic “adamants” but overlooked creating a tutorial for the rest of us that need to figure out how this dang thing works. Just MHO!

I hate to shine a negative light on them, but I do feel YT support dropped the ball a bit in this area. My personal opinion is they focused so much on adjusting everything to cater to the Classic “adamants” but overlooked creating a tutorial for the rest of us that need to figure out how this dang thing works. Just MHO!

Appreciate the feedback and we are working on this as I type this. You'll see this soon and we will provide links - Appreciate your patience!

I don't like it either. It's too different from any forum I visit. Don't think you will see much of me anymore.
So are you still driving a 52 Chevy or have you upgraded to something newer? Everything changes and takes some getting used to . If you don't like change maybe you should give up the air conditioning,, power steering, power brakes, automatic transmission and cruise control on your vehicle so it more resembles the 52 Chevy. You got used to all of that after while, give this a chance!

So are you still driving a 52 Chevy or have you upgraded to something newer? Everything changes and takes some getting used to . If you don't like change maybe you should give up the air conditioning,, power steering, power brakes, automatic transmission and cruise control on your vehicle so it more resembles the 52 Chevy. You got used to all of that after while, give this a chance!
It's not me driving a 52 Chev, my vehicles are from the 70's to the 90's. Yes, everything changes but not for the better. I won't even consider buying a car or tractor made in the 21st century.

I loved Classic View and could have lived the rest of my days using just that. So what if the software was written in the early 90's :) but as luck would have it, time marches on and YT has suffered rejection from Search Engines and users equally due to it's archaic nature. Now that we're on a more "modern" forum, we've had an uptick in registrations and views! Frankly, I wouldn't trade my Allis Chalmers D-10 Series III tractor for a whiz-bang modern tractor (although admittedly I own a Kubota too). But when it comes to software, we're rather forced into compliance. Chris and I have held off for many years but time ran out. We're doing all we can to make this as palatable as possible, so if people could just make positive suggestions in the Site Comments forum on changes they'd like to see, instead of complaining loudly and spouting hate and discontent in the various forums, that would be appreciated. Thanks for hanging in there :thankyou:

I loved Classic View and could have lived the rest of my days using just that. So what if the software was written in the early 90's :) but as luck would have it, time marches on and YT has suffered rejection from Search Engines and users equally due to it's archaic nature. Now that we're on a more "modern" forum, we've had an uptick in registrations and views! Frankly, I wouldn't trade my Allis Chalmers D-10 Series III tractor for a whiz-bang modern tractor (although admittedly I own a Kubota too). But when it comes to software, we're rather forced into compliance. Chris and I have held off for many years but time ran out. We're doing all we can to make this as palatable as possible, so if people could just make positive suggestions in the Site Comments forum on changes they'd like to see, instead of complaining loudly and spouting hate and discontent in the various forums, that would be appreciated. Thanks for hanging in there :thankyou:
thanks for all your labor. I'm 75 and struggle with tech so it will take me a while. I've enjoyed yt for years and will continue to do so even if it is a new deal. 'bout drove my family nuts when i started on the computer stuff. Yt was the first place ever to post a photo so i'm indebted to ya. maybe i won't get laughed at to much.
Thanks again!
Andy

It will take some adjustment but I'll figure it out. I have been on this forum every night for years and
I'm not going to quit now.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back