batwing mower

Dieseltech

Have been looking around for a good used 15 foot batwing mower. Have found a good used Rhino SR15 and several Bush Hog 2615L mowers in several conditions from like new to a loose blade stump plate, and some hitch welding cracks. Any special problems to watch for? The Rhino looks good, but Bush Hog is a lot more plentiful.

Have been looking around for a good used 15 foot batwing mower. Have found a good used Rhino SR15 and several Bush Hog 2615L mowers in several conditions from like new to a loose blade stump plate, and some hitch welding cracks. Any special problems to watch for? The Rhino looks good, but Bush Hog is a lot more plentiful.
Rhino would be my choice between the 2. Never been a bush hog fan. We owned a couple of belly mowers by bush hog. Basically both were lemons. And no they were not abused. Used them for mowing sweet potatoe vines ahead of digger. Both gave gear box issues. Also, at one time was told by local woods dealer they would get new products from other brands to use to engineer there product. I have a woods bw180. Love it. One of the first sold in alabama when they came out. And i dont use it to clear land. Just mow. As my dealer said if you are wanting a mower that will cut 2 to 3 inch plus trees, park the mower and get a dozer.

Having ran both exact models my opinion is both are great machines. Although, I think the Rhino is built just slightly heavier duty. I've never had any real issues with either one and they were both used in extreme conditions (heavy brush and small trees up to about 4 inch diameter). The deciding factor for me on either one would be price and condition.

I have a 15 foot rhino and might be the same one you are looking but don't remember the number. good machine and not had a problem with it. its heavy as the shed i park mine in i ended up put concreate slab down so the jack don't sink.

I have a Bush Hog, I think 2515? They confusingly made several different levels of the same size. 2515, 2615, 2715, if I'm remembering correctly??? I've had no issues. The main thing which attracts me is a clean, sloped deck, which makes cleaning easier.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back