Carburetor mounting bolts size to30

newanddumb

New User
I took the carburetor off my to30 to rebuild and lost the mounting bolts. Does any one know the correct size for replacements? Thank you.

There should be two studs, 5/16" NC X 1-3/16". If they are not in the top of the carburetor, check the manifold and see if they are captive there. They are too long to come out of the manifold if the nuts turn them out of the carb.

This ^

Not sure you could get bolts long enough in from manifold side? Then would be a PITA to thread the bolts into the carb.

You want 5/16" studs in the carb. Just long enough to fit washer, loc washer, and nuts on.

You should be able to connect throttle and choke rods to the carb, before sliding the studs up into the manifold. PITA to do that with the carb mounted. Those little washers fall off and tough getting the small cotter pins in the rods holes and secured.

I also put the stud nuts on loose and slip the air intake hose on before tightening the nuts up. Gives you some wiggle room to slip the intake hose on.

Not sure on the origin of the connecting hose on mine?, but it's stiff as a sailor on shore leave. Slip the hose clamp on the hose first too.

1 TO30 throttle rod.jpg
1 TO-20 man installed.jpg

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back