Ford 800 manifold studs

madmatt04

New User
The bolts on my 800 manifold are seized on the studs and unthreaded the studs from the head. Does anyone know where to find replacements or know the correct size to replace them? Thanks

Since you have the studs out go to a real hardware or a good auto parts store, not a parts convenience store, and match them up.

The bolts on my 800 manifold are seized on the studs and unthreaded the studs from the head. Does anyone know where to find replacements or know the correct size to replace them? Thanks
#19 on diagram, 7/16-14-20 X 1.78. Probably can get them locally at a decent auto supply. I bet most of the online Ford tractor aftermarket suppliers would have them too.
FordTractorExhaust.jpg

Buy a set of brass nuts when you buy the replacement studs.

Do you mean the nuts are seized on the studs? You can use a nut splitter and remove them and thus salvage the studs. Applta dab of Anti-Seize on the studs new nuts at assembly. Derek in Shelby, NC just 8 n s has them, 7/16 x 2" . Also can try DORMAN PRODUCTS and SUMMIT RACING. FORD MODEL A suppliers also have them.

Tim Daley (MI)

Do you mean the nuts are seized on the studs? You can use a nut splitter and remove them and thus salvage the studs. Applta dab of Anti-Seize on the studs new nuts at assembly. Derek in Shelby, NC just 8 n s has them, 7/16 x 2" . Also can try DORMAN PRODUCTS and SUMMIT RACING. FORD MODEL A suppliers also have them.

Tim Daley (MI)
I’m gonna use the nut splitter! Thank you

Since you have the studs out go to a real hardware or a good auto parts store, not a parts convenience store, and match them up.
Well, you probably won't find that size stud at your local Western Auto, TSC, or Ace Hardware if they carry studs at all. Fastenal is a joke too. Over priced for one. Could try local auto parts retail but I'd call first. DORMAN PRODUCTS or SUMMIT RACING ot
BRATTONS has 7/16 x 2-3/16 - can grind down excess

TPD

Well, you probably won't find that size stud at your local Western Auto, TSC, or Ace Hardware if they carry studs at all. Fastenal is a joke too. Over priced for one. Could try local auto parts retail but I'd call first. DORMAN PRODUCTS or SUMMIT RACING ot

BRATTONS has 7/16 x 2-3/16 - can grind down excess

TPD

alternative - grind down excess

tpd

Since the studs are "out", simply lay the nut on an anvil and smack the opposite (top) flat with a hammer.

Rotate the nut 1/6 turn and smack again, and repeat the process another couple of times.

This will swell and loosen the nut and it will unscrew with your fingers, NO exotic tools needed!

Since the studs are "out", simply lay the nut on an anvil and smack the opposite (top) flat with a hammer.

Rotate the nut 1/6 turn and smack again, and repeat the process another couple of times.

This will swell and loosen the nut and it will unscrew with your fingers, NO exotic tools needed!
Thanks, I’ll try that before I use the splitter

You can try, and go to al lyour local Western Auto, TSC, and Ace Hardware outlets but probably won't find any studs at all and if so likely not what is needed. Even auto parts stores will be slim pickings. I quit wasting time at those places a long time ago --- and places like Fastenal are a joke as well - overpriced junk and only carry limited standard sizes. BTDT,,,Lessons Learned...

Tim Daley (MI)

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back