Case/ Oliver merger

Don Rudolph

Is this common knowledge? From August 1956.

Attachments

• Case__Oliver_merger_dropped_August_1956.jpg
    Case__Oliver_merger_dropped_August_1956.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 54
Pretty common knowledge, yes. That was just about the same time that Case and MM were in talks wasn't it? Sounds like Case was desperate for a merger.

Oliver was in trouble during the late 1950's. The Oliver management had probably tried too hard to get bigger in hopes of making profits. Another interesting possible merger partner was Studebaker in 1959. In my opinion White and their money came along at the right time.

Oliver was in trouble during the late 1950's. The Oliver management had probably tried too hard to get bigger in hopes of making profits. Another interesting possible merger partner was Studebaker in 1959. In my opinion White and their money came along at the right time.
I had read one time though, that Oliver was in better shape earlier in the 50s and had loaned money to White and that White never paid them back, so White essentially bought Oliver with Oliver's own money.

Randy, that is a new on e to me, but I am always finding something different to make a guy think. I just read an article by Mr. Tallman from an early HPOCA magazine about White's buyout of Oliver.

Randy, that is a new on e to me, but I am always finding something different to make a guy think. I just read an article by Mr. Tallman from an early HPOCA magazine about White's buyout of Oliver.
John; which edition was that article in? I got a stack of older magazines a few months ago from the wife of one of our club members that passed away.

JohnRowehl IT may have been in the HPOCA magazine three times, July/August 2009, July/ August 1999 and it appears to have been printed in February of 1991. I have read some different information in other articles.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back