CIH 4240 Hydraulics Problem

Ricey06

I am having issues with my hydraulic system? I changed the fluids with Hy-tran but am 1 to 2 gallons short of being to the top of the dipstick. At most/least I am at 80%. I cracked the power steering nut like my OP manual says and cranked it over with the fuel stop pulled. I had some fluid come out so tightened and started. I have no power to my FEL, 3 point or steering. I tried this process 3x and still no hydraulics? I am going to get more Hy-tran but what am I missing. Is there a way to test the pump? Do I need to open a line on the high pressure/ feed side? Any input will be thankful, I have it in our new garage with just painted floors, wife is not to happy. Happy Wife/Happy Life. Thanks Jeff

Did it work before the fluid change?

There are several threads on redpowermagazine on testing these series.

Make sure there are no air leaks around the filter canister. The procedure you tried with PS line is correct but sometimes you have to start the tractor with the line loosened which makes a mess. If you have an air compressor, you can take an air gun and stick it in the filler hole, seal with clean rag, start tractor run about half throttle and apply some air pressure while rotating steering wheel left and right.
Good luck.

Update, Thank you JimB2. I loosened the PS nut again and started the tractor. After a couple cycles on the steering wheel and 3 pt., it released and everything started working. Thanks again. Jeff

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back