Cletrac E62 track adjustment

Mark Poss

Can someone please tell me what size wrenches I need to adjust the track on a cletrac E62? And if I need them to be offset as it doesnt look like
theres much room in there. I have a manual but it doesnt say much about track adjustments. Thanks, Mark

I'm not surprised the manual doesn't say much about how to adjust them. Most just tell you how much sag they should have and a picture with an arrow that points at an adjustment point and says lengthen, or shorten, as needed. A few machines had some wrenches that came with them in a tool kit, if the kit was purchased or still around, and the ones I have seen were not anything real special.

I would use a caliper to actually measure the hex, or square, size(s) to determine the wrenches needed. I have seen some that a size for the threads (which would let you pick wrenches for the standard hex size for that thread) was given in a manual but was different on the machine or they put one size hex on for adjusting and a different size hex for locking. (standard vs heavy hex nuts). Verification of your adjuster sizes is best.

Some pictures of your E62 adjustment arrangement might help get ideas on the wrench types you may need. I will say I am not familiar with the Cletrac/Olivers but have done threaded adjusters on other brands. A mix of standard, 45-degree off set head and crowfoot wrenches can into play at times.

If I remember right, the original was just a short wrench cut from sheet stock that looked like a line wrench.

I believe Zimmerman has reproductions available.

My first tractor was a Cletrac AG. When I removed the plate covering the track adjustment I found a wrench it was like a box wrench with a piece cut out so it would go over the shaft. It is a pretty good setup so I think an open end wrench would work. 1/2-2 inches by memory, measure to be sure.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back