Oliver OC3 track adjustment

Mark Poss

I am new to crawlers and just bought a OC3 that needs the tracks tightened up. I have a manual but there is not
much on track adjustments. The manual says dont attempt to adjust tracks until lock nut is loose but doesnt show
where the lock nut is. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Mark
cvphoto111701.jpg

Your wrench is on the lock nut, back it away from the yoke a few turns. The yoke to the left of your wrench is internally threaded for the adjusting screw. The adjusting screw has a hex on it adjacent to the track frame. The screw turns freely in the track frame, the hex bears against the frame. As you turn the screw with the hex the yoke will screw forward to tighten the track or back to loosen the track. Be sure to thoroughly clean the threads with a wire brush to get all the dirt and rust off then apply oil before trying to turn the screw. A good overnight soak would be advised if the screw hasn't been turned in a few years.

One look at that setup up brings one to the conclusion that the design is to cause maximum aggravation.
AJ

Its been many years ,sir but theres a hex on the other end where you have the wrench . The pilot in into there for location ,losses jam nut where the wrench is and then turn the adjustment to push the track out.
Something wrong in your picture .

The control rods are bent on yours to like ours and they make the front wheel track off , Id take the time to straighten them if you can it will track and turn better ,less wet on the track .good luck .
I think they want a straight edge over the track like a two by four by eight and measure the drop in the track first and then push it out to about an inch drop I think what it was .suppose to be. Dont remember we sold the tractor thirty years ago .

You sure have a way with words, a good overnight soaking How about a week or so of spraying
with pb blaster then heating the heck out of it, and then saying a few choice words. For a novice
he is in for a surprise. That is why manufactures went to grease track adjusters LOL.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back