convert 301 powertrain to reverser

mite-help

hello all--I have a JD 302-A tractor w/reverser. also can get a 301 parts tractor [no reverser]with bad motor. The 302A has been worked hard as a loader tractor, and its got some real serious ''pop'' clanks'' when you change directons & general gear noise, no brakes. the donor tractor has nice powertrain. my plan was using this part of 301. I don't think of problems with changing out reverer packs, etc- what about removing reverse, installing park in 301 transmission? also are ratios the same. I may be going about this wrong, & need to transfer diff-planetary,etc the other direction. thank you for any input---

thanks. I am going to check out part numbers between the 2 tractors. I may want to break both machines down & transfer better parts from 301 into 302A. engine will be out anyhow, so housing won't be a problem. but on the other hand, if everything on 301 is pretty much the same except for park/reverse, I would like to leave intact & build to that trans/diff. reverse shouldn't be that hard to disable/remove, cannot tell what's up with park setup yet

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back