Cub starter source

BearGap

I have a 1950 Cub converted to 12v with a bad starter and it looks like the armature needs to be replaced. The estimated cost is significantly more than the prices listed for replacement starters, but every place that I've looked says they are on back order or not available. I am in Eastern PA and wonder if anyone knows a source for working used or new Cub starters?

I can tell you if you get yours rebuilt you will have a better starter than the rebuilts that are available and the shop can convert it to a real 12 volt starter at the same time. I just went through the same thing with my Super C and when I went to the shop I took another one that I had bought a few years ago but was a rebuild and the guy said they were not worth rebuilding again.

What places have you looked? This site (for all intents and purposes All States Ag Parts) lists two different starters for the Cub. No indication of out of stock even on ASAP's main website. Lots of places on Google show Cub starters.

Give JP Tractor Salvage a call. They may have something more affordable in a used starter.

Do not get hung up on the 6V/12V thing. The 6V starter will work fine on 12V as long as your Cub doesn't require 10 minutes of cranking.

I have a 1950 Cub converted to 12v with a bad starter and it looks like the armature needs to be replaced. The estimated cost is significantly more than the prices listed for replacement starters, but every place that I've looked says they are on back order or not available. I am in Eastern PA and wonder if anyone knows a source for working used or new Cub starters?
JP tractor in Mo has good original starters. They have a huge salvage yard. They are reasonable and they ship.

Attachments

• 1000007978.jpg
    1000007978.jpg
    866.7 KB · Views: 14
Thanks for the information about J.P. Tractor. Friendly folks and they had a starter at a good price. The shipment was prompt and the starter arrived and works fine.

Thanks for the information about J.P. Tractor. Friendly folks and they had a starter at a good price. The shipment was prompt and the starter arrived and works fine.
Thank you for the update! 99.9% of the time no one ever posts back with the outcome 😔

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back