Cylinder Sleeve Removal Issues

GL-AZ

New User
Any tips for removing cylinder sleeves on an old 3T80 engine. I'm using a puller (engine still in tractor), but I can't break them loose. I've actually started bending the 1/4" plate on the bottom of the puller.
Thought of an old aerospace procedure of packing the inside of the cylinder with dry-ice, but with out being able to heat the block, I don't think that will work.

Any tips for removing cylinder sleeves on an old 3T80 engine. I'm using a puller (engine still in tractor), but I can't break them loose. I've actually started bending the 1/4" plate on the bottom of the puller.
Thought of an old aerospace procedure of packing the inside of the cylinder with dry-ice, but with out being able to heat the block, I don't think that will work.
You can chill both and still pull the sleeves. Farmers with busted tractors would pull sleeves in the dead cold of winter as the single digit temps helps with the removal.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back