Deutz 4006 Hydraulic System

Henry 5

New User
This message is a reply to an archived post by syco 1 on November 30, 2016 at 05:25:22.
The original subject was Re: Deutz 4006 Hydraulic System.

Hey Guys, don't know if this thread is still active but I just acquired the same tractor. Trying to flush and get water out of the system. My questions are:
1. Is the transmission and hydraulic oil the same? I think not. I dumped the Plug under the transmission because it was full of water. tried to flush system by filling with diesel fuel and replaced with new Tractor transmission / hydraulic fluid. New fluid now looks like strawberry milk. I plan to continue flushing / changing fluid until its appears clean.
2. Changed hydraulic filter due to 3-point hitch not raising. Checked new filter after changing transmission fluid. at the hydraulic filter fluid appears clean and does not look like strawberry milk. I'm lost as to where the hydraulic fill / fluid level should be.
3. I removed a large plug just under the seat on top of the hydraulic valve thinking it was the fill plug. . . . nope... it has a heavy duty spring under it which may be sone sort of fluid/pressure adjustment. I now can't seem to re-install this spring and plug. thoughts?

Sounds like you need to buy a manual for it or download one from some place. I would shy from Jensales the pictures are not clear last time I looked at some of theirs.

Not sure on 4006 but on 7206 8206 the hydraulic fill point is just behind the seat some you need to slide the seat forward a bit to get the oil in. Transmission fill point is usually on right hand side half way along the transmission housing. Both are separate units take different oils

The hyd. oil fill is behind the right rear corner of the seat (sitting on the tractor). You may have to slide the seat forward a bit, but it is plastic and unscrews and has is a built-in dipstick
It sounds like you removed the plug closer to your left leg down by the SCV's. It has a stout spring under it.
Use good hyd. oil and fill at the screw-in dipstick up behind the seat. There is a filter between your legs on the top of the 3-point housing/hyd. reservoir. There is also a screen in the 3-point/Hyd. reservoir where the Hyd. Return line screws in coming from the pump. You have to remove the seat and the cover under the seat to get to it. there is a little bail wire that you have to flip up and then pull the plastic piece with a wire mesh screen out to clean.
80W-90 in the transmission and fill it through a plug on the top of the transmission. usually right behind the H-L shift lever.

The hyd. oil fill is behind the right rear corner of the seat (sitting on the tractor). You may have to slide the seat forward a bit, but it is plastic and unscrews and has is a built-in dipstick
It sounds like you removed the plug closer to your left leg down by the SCV's. It has a stout spring under it.
Use good hyd. oil and fill at the screw-in dipstick up behind the seat. There is a filter between your legs on the top of the 3-point housing/hyd. reservoir. There is also a screen in the 3-point/Hyd. reservoir where the Hyd. Return line screws in coming from the pump. You have to remove the seat and the cover under the seat to get to it. there is a little bail wire that you have to flip up and then pull the plastic piece with a wire mesh screen out to clean.
80W-90 in the transmission and fill it through a plug on the top of the transmission. usually right behind the H-L shift lever.
Hello jm.., welcome to YT! I am sure someone will appreciate the information you added to these posts, it will be “archived” for someone else to search it as you likely did. Both of the posts your replied to look like what I call G & G posts, “grab and go” or “grab and gone” You can veiw when someone was last seen by hovering your mouse over their “avatar” the ID that shows beside (or above their post on a phone, you also have to click their username on a phone to view this) This was a feature added when the software platform of these forums was updated in late Dec. ‘23. So basically if a member does not show up as “seen” in ‘24 they are probably not active. Also when you view there profile where it shows a number by “Messages” that is the number of posts they have made. Clicking that number brings up their entire posting history to see the “Threads” they posted in. There is an Allis Chalmers forum under the Manufacturers section here, that is usually where posters are directed with Deutz questions. Also if you are going to hang around here go down to the Site Comments forum. There you will find some “threads” pinned to the top with tips on how to set things up more to how you would like. If you are going to post here a lot you will be getting a bunch of emails due to that. In your Profile in “Preferences” you can turn that off if you want. Also beware when viewing a current post, down at the bottom there is a Similar Threads section. Those posts are picked
By computer as matches to the topic. Sometimes it doesn’t work out that way.
Anyway often those post are also not currently in discussions. We do need a guy with Deutz knowledge that’s for sure.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back