with the exception of some sheet metal issues on the
nose, is in really good shape.

Any thoughts here on what its worth? I think hed
prefer to find a collector who would take care of his
dads old machine, and not have it end up in a scrap
yard.

cvphoto163494.jpg

cvphoto163495.jpg

There are quite a few for sale on the net. You would probably get a better idea of value searching for the same model for sale.

It would probably be worth the expense to fix the hood and paint the front loader orange.

Looks like $1000 average for one without a loader and Id assume more hours than yours.

Could double that with the loader and if it runs nice.

The one issue is no front wheel assist, with a loader and a compact tractor, its not as desirable for most.

Paul

TractorHouse shows 5 that have sold in 2023 w/o a loader in the $1,500 range. I would think the loader adds at least $1,000 to that. I have 3 compact Kubotas and think very highly of them. That said, I sure don't see a collectors market for them which makes fixing the hood and painting the loader less attractive. I can't tell from the pictures whether it is hydrostatic or gear. Hydro makes it more valuable to me. 800 hrs. on a working original mechanical hr. meter adds value. I would put a $3,000 price on it and be in no rush to sell.

In my option, definitely not scrap yard. I have one. It's a good light duty acreage tractor. Probably limited use as a loader tractor though. No power steering and too light in the rear.
Use mine for most light duty 3-Point Implements. Plow, Cultivator, landscape rake, blade, bush hog, finish mower and planter.
Very reliable and easy to work on.
I would like to have another except I'm at the age I'm down sizing.

Something similar to that sold in the local spring "junk auction" for way more than $1500. Seems like it was somewhere north of $4000. Had a very similar dent in the hood, but had a different loader on it.

As with selling anything, start high. You can always come down.

The hard sell is when you go to start them up. Those 2 and 3 cylinder diesel engines clank and clatter and hammer and vibrate like they're coming apart, but that's the way they are. It's hard to convince some people of that. They'll walk away because they think the engine is going to blow up.

Is that a Freeman loader? I wouldn't paint it orange because it's not Kubota.

Definitely not collectable , and somewhat limited in being two wheel and no power steering. Been doing KUBOTA for 30+ years and I am thinking anything over 2 thousand and you better let it go. Just no a lot of market for that thing.

Allow me to restate my question Not really looking to sell it, to make max $. I think my BIL would rather find someone who values the tractor as an old, early US Kubota. We might convince his daughter to do that, but you know kids these days like power steering and hydrostatic drive!

Hello Steve

My name is Stan and I collect old Kubota tractor's and I am interested in your L260 please reply back to me

Looks like a handy little tractor. Just being 2 wheel drive doesn't mean it useless. I have a small jd 2520 that is nice to have around. It does happen to be fwa and I won't lie has been helpful once in a while. Overall not to often have I used the fwa. That little Kubota looks to be in pretty good shape. I can't possibly imagine someone saying it's nothing but scrap unless they're trying to convince you to sell it to them for nothing.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back