Farmall 300 TA gasket material

dewy

Didnt buy the ta gasket kit,i had lots of gasket material from over the years...question is which material in which places...ta cover i had a piece of cork an rubber felpro,i thought that would be ok for lid..but whatcha think about seasonal disconnect an the other bottom cover,i was gonna use oil paper material an what kind of sealer would yall use on those...the old gaskets that were on top lid an bottom was a thick fiberous material that was glued heavy an could not scrap off, had to use grinder with brush,what a mess that made...looked toxic whatever that material was,never seen gasket material that fiberous...the gasket material i have is 1/32...the gasket going between ta an rear end was pretty thin,i was going to use 1/32 also thats the only one i had big enough...whats your thoughts.sorry for multi questioned post as always thanks for help....dewy

Unless you are looking at a clearance issue for a shim type of fitting or setting a clearance with thickness it would not matter much if no oil or fuel pressure is against it. Static pressure like the transmission oil just setting in the case is not the type of pressure meant here.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back