Farmall Cub head gasket. Ouch!

redtom

Need a head gasket for a Cub. Like to keep it local and like OEM. Ran into local CaseIH dealer. I had a part number in hand. $155 for a head gasket!! I didn't buy it. Had to make a little errand and went by a different CIH dealer. I thought maybe first guy or I made a mistake. Nope, $155! I left and went to Steiners and got a whole valve grind set for $45, made in USA.

You are correct the 251229R3 head gasket through CaseIH is 150$ plus or minus. They should show a Reliance number of 7251229X, they can order for about 25$. This is what my local CaseIH dealer shows in Paducah Ky.

They never offered to order that one. He
did point out that any other one I bought
would not be of quality.

NAPA shows a FELPRO kit for $25

cvphoto168955.png

I can assure you that CasIH no longer makes head gaskets for a Farmall Cub in house. Actually, they dont manufacture any sort of gasket at all.

We buy this set from Napa and Amazon. Includes several other gaskets. Around $30.
cvphoto168972.jpg

cvphoto168973.jpg

cvphoto168974.jpg

We have done a few! Chase all the threads, copper coat the gasket, and a little black goo in the threads. We have never had an issue.
cvphoto168975.jpg

They never did make gskt.'s Victor made the gskt.'s . I use to gt Victor OEM as they had two lines of Gskt.'s BUT it's been like 16 years since i have done and engine and not been in contact with my engine parts supplier . I dealt with a engine parts Jobber direct as i was a listed rebuilder and to deal there ya had to be able to do engine boring and head work in other words ya had to have the Machines . to buy jobber price and get oem level parts . One I H closed up there Zlonar (sp) engine parts everything went out for bids to other MFg. If you look at casting numbers you will find the ame numbers on the stuff matching , but on the stuff ya get from the I H dealer will have and I H part number stamped into the part , that is so you think your getting it made by I H . It all comes down to how much do you want to pay in make up.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back