Finally learned how to clean the mower off

Steve in IL

After years of brooms, hoses & pressure washers I tried something new today. Used a backpack blower to clean off the mower. Worked great! Maybe yall are way ahead of me, but if you havent tried this method give it a try. Even worked well to clean up the tractor.
cvphoto134758.jpg

A lot of farmers use a blower to clean of their combine when they stop so it will not chatch on fire

Hey Steve. I too use a hand held blower to clean my equipment. Also use it to dry equipment if just washed. Sometimes use it to blow out dryer pieces collected inside of the dryer tube leading to outside of house wall. Do that from time to time and your clothes gets dried much faster.
Wingnut

Yup I have used my leaf blower for years to blow of my tractors, bush hog and other equipment. I use my air compressor to blow off my zero turn after every use.

I got my leaf blower to dry my motorcycle after a wash and before waxing. started to use it for mower and brush hog cleaning a few years after that. never used it for blowing leaves. I got the tip from someone else, good to pass it along.

I use my gas powered leaf blower to clean my shop. I wait until there's a good south wind to help carry the dust, and blow the place clean out the northeast door. Works great on places you can't get to with anything else.

Used to use my air compressor to blow before washing. Now I use the backpack blower...about 1/10th of the time and cleaner to boot. Don't hardly need to wash as much either.

I have been using a leaf blower for years to clean my mowers. a few times I also use the blower to clean my radiator. Now the city says I can't use my gas powered blower, but I can buy a battery powered one. Everyone I see working still uses a gas powered one, including me. I am waiting for the tree companies to be told to buy electric saws. It hasn't happened yet. Stan

Used a blower once or twice but with a 100cfm compressor for blowing down the combine sitting in the middle of the yard dont use the blower much everything just gets pulled up at it when finshed

I used my BIG shop compressor, 7-1/2 hp 80 gallon to blow off my zero turn, started using my Stihl leaf blower this summer, the cooling fans for my hydrostatic drives are buried down ahead of the engine half way under the seat, a pain to get to with the leaf blower, but it does a nice job cleaning all the dust and clippings off the mower deck and operator's platform.
I had a real good tree service here a month ago, cut a huge Locust tree, two dead Ash trees and 5 nearly dead pine trees. They cleaned everything up with a really BIG Stihl backpack blower, it would roll a windrow of twigs, leaves, branches as wide as the nozzle would swing side to side and roll it forward as fast as a guy could walk. No raking required. I quickly wanted one till I priced them on-line. When I bought my Stihl hand held blower I got the bigger convertible one that converts to a vacuum that pulls stuff into a canvas bag. I've used that bag ONE time in over twelve years. But the blower gets used a lot.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back